Can anyone, please, explain me how exactly a fake pilot works ? I have a SU-30Sm and , in order to attach the canards, the author made a neat trick, build a fake pilot which carries the canards. Now come the backfire part. When I launched the plane and look to its exterior, I see a pilot under the plane hanging there, where he shouldn't supposed to be. :) I tried to hide it into fuselage changing in dataini file it's coordinates, but if I do that , the canards are moving , too. How do I get rid of the  hanging "pilot", without compromising the canards position ? Thank you in advance!

Do you actually have the "FakePIlot" in you /Objects/Pilots folder??? Bet it's missing...

Uhhh it's a SF1 one Sir. But it's a SU-30SM transformed for SF1 from SF2, so no fancy folder for pilots. I asked the question here because the fakepilot problem is from both "worlds". :)

Can you help please ?

I solved it in the end. I didn't know how to solve the fakepilot thing. It's so frustrating to need help and not having anyone near you to help when you need it. I made a fake fuel tank and I went through excruciating pain to match it in its coordinates. Man it's so hard some time...

Edited by UllyB

well, iirc, the "fake pilot" bits would just be dumped at the root of the objects folder in 1stGens; just like any other pilot or seat you add. SF2 requires the use of the seperate pilots folders. Although, the older method will still work

It's only hard when you don't know what you're doing, or not listening to those that do.

To once again explain how the fake pilot part add on works:

FastCargo created the fake pilot, a 1 pixel sized LOD, that is transparent, with a transparent skin. When placed at the 0,0,0 coordinate of the aircraft, it is effectively invisible, as well as hidden from view. Now, as all pilots require a "seat" to park their butts on, the "add on parts", say a canard or the avionics hump for a Skyhawk, is used as said seat, but is placed NOT under the pilot's ass, but at whatever location is needed to get them to sit where they should be, if the aircraft model has been built with it from the start.

so...in the example below, 2 wing fences are being added to the F-86F..

//fake-pilot for wingfences//

[Fence1]
SystemType=Pilot_Cockpit
Position=0.0,0.0,0.0
PILOTMODELNAME=FakePilot
SeatModelName=F-86Fence
SeatPosition=-3.75,0.20,-0.410
SeatID=2

[Fence2]
SystemType=Pilot_Cockpit
Position=0.0,0.0,0.0
PILOTMODELNAME=FakePilot
SeatModelName=F-86Fence
SeatPosition=3.75,0.20,-0.410
SeatID=3

You can see the necessary SeatID numbers, the left and right locations, and the central location for the fake pilot. 

It really IS just that simple.

• Like 2

I got it but here, in my case it's not a pair thing, it's a one thing, meaning that both canards are made in one object/LOD. Following the model it should work as it is, but it doesn't, you can see a pilot hanging out, under the aircraft.How do you fix it when  it's just one and not two pairs ?

// Crew ---------------------------------------------------------

[Pilot]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0000,5.879,1.52
PilotModelName=Red7002T
SeatModelName=K-36D
SeatPosition=0.00,5.88,1.51
MinExtentPosition=-0.25, 5.91,-0.20
MaxExtentPosition= 0.25, 6.99, 0.92
CanopyNodeName=

[Pilot1]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0000,4.504,1.78
PilotModelName=Red7002T
SeatModelName=K-36D
SeatPosition=0.00,4.5,1.78
MinExtentPosition=-0.25, 5.91,-0.20
MaxExtentPosition= 0.25, 6.99, 0.92
CanopyNodeName=

[Canards]
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,0.0,0.0
PilotModelName=FakePilot
SeatModelName=Su30SMCanards
SeatPosition=0.0,1.9,0.47
SeatID=2

Edited by UllyB

Oops got it know , I must have the fake pilot LOD to make it work and I don't have it! I guess that is why it doesn't work. Where can I find a fakepilot LOD ? I looked into download section and there is none. Or is not it ?

Edited by UllyB

18 hours ago, Wrench said:

Do you actually have the "FakePIlot" in you /Objects/Pilots folder??? Bet it's missing...

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

FastCargo created the fake pilot, a 1 pixel sized LOD, that is transparent, with a transparent skin. When placed at the 0,0,0 coordinate of the aircraft, it is effectively invisible, as well as hidden from view.

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

It's only hard when you don't know what you're doing, or not listening to those that do

FakePilot.rar

• Thanks 1

THANK YOU Sir !! You saved my life!

I must have the fake pilot LOD to make it work and I don't have it! 

Isn't that what I said at the very, VERY beginning????