I recently bought a HP Spectre x13 for my job, with the following specs: i7 7550u, 16g of RAM and a Intel 620 integrated chip.

I was quite surprised with the performance of the game on such a device: a have a consistent 50 to 60 frames in game, except in the Iceland terrain where I get 20 to 30. 

It is quite plaisant to be able to run SF2 on such a lightweight machine. Performance should be even better with the new mx150 Nvidia chip you canfi d on newest ultra-portable

Thanks Stuntman

Evidence of inbuilt CPU gfx set running SF2 without it being a slideshow - one advantage of not updating the core game for 5 years! 

• Like 1

Hah, that's vanilla game does. After installing dozen of mods and refines sometimes drops to 25-40 fps with my i7 GF1060 with 16G RAM

Yeah, that's pretty much vanilla. I'm still using fully modded germany terrain for examples as well as other 3rd party terrain, but all textures are converted to jpeg and most of the skins are 1024x1024. I'm losing a lot of detail but the dpi is so high anyway the game still looks good. I'm also using default detailmeshsize parameters

I use the following settings:

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1920
DisplayHeight=1080
DisplayDepth=32
AspectRatio=1.777778
AntiAliasing=4
UseAdvancedShaders=1
ForceDX9=FALSE
ForceVSyncOff=FALSE
Use32BitZBuffer=TRUE
LensFlare=0
DetailLevel=4
ObjectDetail=2
ObjectTexture=3
CockpitTexture=3
CockpitMirrors=0
CockpitReflection=1
EffectsDetail=2
TerrainDetail=2
TerrainTexture=3
HorizonDistance=3
GroundObjectDensity=3
WaterDetail=3
CloudsDetail=2
Shadow=0
ObjectsFade=TRUE

The stock objects have low detail distance lods which make all the difference.  Compare having an entire airfield in view with parked aircraft and groundobjects all in full detail LODs, or in low detail LODs because they are too far to see details anyways.

Edit: This guy does a great job with Il-2 1946 distance Lods, as seen in the illustrations:

http://patrulla-azul.com/FreeIL2modding/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1682

But it sure is tedious, I know....

Edited by gerwin