Sign in to follow this  
mdmckeever

Is there anything else to make 3D models?

Ive been looking around a bit for 3D studio Max and ive noticed that it is very expensive. Around $500. Isnt there anything cheeper or a cheeper version of it. Maybe even a demo of it just so i can build this one plane ive always wanted to play on SFP1. Please, $500 is ridicules. :ohmy:

I got a copy from a friend who bought one and got 2 in the mail. I do not even know how to use it either. LOL

I cant belive it costs so much. I was on the internet the other night and found a pair sunglasses for $500, anyway. I guess I should mention what i want to make: Northrop Grumman B-2A; F/A-22 Raptor; F-117 Nighthawk. Those are what I will submit once iI raise enough money for 3D Studio Max.

I cant belive it costs so much. I was on the internet the other night and found a pair sunglasses for $500, anyway. I guess I should mention what i want to make: Northrop Grumman B-2A; F/A-22 Raptor; F-117 Nighthawk. Those are what I will submit once iI raise enough money for 3D Studio Max.

I know that a few have successfully created aircraft using Blender and/or other freeware 3d apps, and then had someone else import and "code" the models for them in 3dMax.

BTW, the F/A-22 and '117 are already quite far along in the "WIP" stage.

Edited by Fubar512

Guest capun

Or using GMax and then exporting to X format and have someone export it to the game

When do you think they will be avalible to download?

Do not know, when it will be done. We never have a time frame for this stuff.

I was on the internet last night looking up pictures of possible military aircraft i could make (i know people who will get me started trust me) and I found the He-111Z Zwilling. Perhaps one of the weirdest planes i have ever seen. Now when I post planes on this site do I have to have permission by USAFMTL or do i just go ahead and post it?

post-5715-1124681496_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kalakushcov

I was on the internet last night looking up pictures of possible military aircraft i could make (i know people who will get me started trust me) and I found the He-111Z Zwilling. Perhaps one of the weirdest planes i have ever seen. Now when I post planes on this site do I have to have permission by USAFMTL or do i just go ahead and post it?

Dude,

Go for it. This is an open sim, and an open community.

Okay ill get started ASAP! Thought that I had to inform someone before I post a plane.

Man that would be cool to see in the sim. Looking forward to it.

I believe they have them (as targets) in Il-2, but you can't fly one. Would love to try and get that monster in the air!

The Jedi Master

Jedi Master wrote:

I believe they have them (as targets) in Il-2, but you can't fly one.

You can fly on ALL no flight planes in IL-2 after changed some files (just, add names of planes), but without cockpit (on external view only). At least, it is true for version 2.04

I've got 4.02m (with AEP and PF) of Il-2, and I haven't the faintest idea how to do a "fly any plane" mod for it! :)

Conversely, any non-flyable plane in SFP1/WoV can be made flyable with a couple of quick edits. :biggrin:

The Jedi Master

Edited by Jedi Master

Guest pdelbarba

do you knoe were the web site is to get that freeware

another question how do i give my aircaft more skin resolution

increase the size of the bmp when mapping 2048x2048 is best.

Guest pdelbarba

thanks a lot. Why isnt it standard to have that size?

thanks a lot.  Why isnt it standard to have that size?

Because when this simulation first came out (in the fall of 2002), the "average" gaming system sported either a P4 1.8 or an Athlon XP 1800, teamed with a 64 meg Geforce 3 or 64 meg Radeon 8500 vid card. Such a system would have given you frame rates in the single digits at high resolution with several 2048x2048 skinned models flying about.

Today, with 3+ ghz CPUs being the norm, and even budget DX9-capable vid cards running 128-256 megs with 500 MHz core and 1000 mhz mem speeds, it's no longer an issue. Also, it depends on how the skins were formatted. For example, the default F-4s, F-104s, and F-100s all run 512x512 skins, and they look rather good, considering.

Guest IndioBlack
I know that a few have successfully created aircraft using Blender and/or other freeware 3d apps, and then had someone else import and "code" the models for them in 3dMax.

BTW, the F/A-22 and '117 are already quite far along in the "WIP" stage.

You'll make an F-117?

Would you like a donation?

Will the F-117 be a proper Stealth Aircraft, with low signature, so that Radar Sites couldn't find you if you flew the correct profile?

No-one has done a proper Stealth Fighter since Microprose's F-117, or iMagic's iF-22, none of which work in XP. The Novalogic F-22's have no stealth characteristics, and neither does the Jane's USAF. I just love flying Stealth Missions, and would be writing them up if I had an F-117.