Josh275

WOE CTD, even already installed October2008b Patch

Well actually CTD are not happening when you play the game. In-fact i got 60 FPS when I play wings over europe. And then, when i finished my mission, press ESC, the resoulution that should be 1366x768, it revert back to 1024x768, causing freeze. I'm alt+tab, and when alt+tab again, it still freeze, and i'm using task manager to forced quit that game. Well that resolution problem, it happens when you start the game, and the menu show with 1024x768 resolution, only then when i play the game, it use 1366x768 resolution.

Already edit startup.ini file to change resolution when in menu screen, but nothing happen.

Anyone had any idea what just happen.

are you playing it on a laptop ? If your videocard is just an emulation and not a dedicated (a real one) one, with Direct 3D API, that could explain some of its behaviour.  Check the option.ini file and see what it says when it comes to WIDTH and HEIGHT of the screen, look for this section:

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=2560 <-------
DisplayHeight=1440 <-------
-

Check what resolution your screen accepts, check if you have no broken graphics drivers installed etc. I also presumed you have the original version, not the pirated one, right ?

Edited by UllyB

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

are you playing it on a laptop ? If your videocard is just an emulation and not a dedicated (a real one) one, with Direct 3D API, that could explain some of its behaviour.  Check the option.ini file and see what it says when it comes to WIDTH and HEIGHT of the screen, look for this section:

[GraphicsOptions]
DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=2560 <-------
DisplayHeight=1440 <-------
-

Check what resolution your screen accepts, check if you have no broken graphics drivers installed etc. I also presumed you have the original version, not the pirated one, right ?

Well i bought it from steam of course. I cursed all pirate games lol. Well my maximum display is 1366x768. I'm using laptop. and as for graphic card, nothing problem (cuz i just replace my rog laptop motherboard last year, around 2 months ago.

DisplayDeviceID=0
DisplayWidth=1360
DisplayHeight=768

Options.ini

Here's the file. Might be useful

Edited by Josh275
Give a reason why i need to upload option.ini file

Which version of Windows do you use?

did you install DX9? Just asking to be sure.

Never knew that Steam carried any of the 3W series .... they've always ONLY been available from the 3W site. TK never wanted to share, and possibly loose any revenue from them having it.

You didn't say if you have , on your laptop, a TRUE graphics board. Do you ? If your RAM emulates a graphics board , maybe this could be a problem. I said it in the previous post. If you use Win XP,  which I doubt, taking into account that we are in 2019, then game should work without any trouble. The same in Win 7 64x. I play it in Win 7 64x ULTIMATE edition. Over Win 7 I can't give you any guarantee, but in Win 8 (which is basically a Win 7 with lesser bugs but with a stupid, ugly tablet-like interface feature), at least, it should work. I heard that guys with Win10 had some issues with the game,but maybe I am wrong, I never tested it for myself.

Your options.ini file looks clean. You never told me if you got any kind of (Windows) error. Did you ?

Edited by UllyB

Well i'm using windows 10.

Here's the prove that wings over europe are sell on steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/281580/Wings_Over_Europe/

I can't install DirectX 9, because im using windows 10.

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M Graphics.
• Windows 10 (64 bit).

that is my laptop specs. I'm using 4 GB ram.

Already check that this game run using NVIDIA Processor. Not intel processor.

My laptop model is rog gl552jx

Edited by Josh275
Laptop Model that being use now

And i didn't had any error on my Windows 10. I know that windows 10 causing some trouble on old games. But it work perfectly on modern games.

So it kinda sucks so bad.

Edited by Josh275

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

did you install DX9? Just asking to be sure.

Never knew that Steam carried any of the 3W series .... they've always ONLY been available from the 3W site. TK never wanted to share, and possibly loose any revenue from them having it.

Wait so you saying that, Wings Over Europe shouldn't been on steam???

When freeze, i'm alt+tab, and when i hover my mouse to game like in the picture, it show mission briefing, but after i'm click the game again, it still freeze.

Screenshot (59).png

alright then, now it's clear. Without Direct X 9.0c you are screwed, the game won't work at all. But, if you wanna have both "worlds" scrubb the Win 10 (in my opinion is not better than Win 7 , it's a Win 7 in it's core , NT nucleus and such, and it doesn't do things better than Win 7, it's just a illusion that it does. Trust me I know what I am talking about) and reinstall the Win 7 64x. I also can play ANY new game I like with Win 7, so...why not having it and play the SF1/SF2 series, eh ? Give it try, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

Josh275,

You may want to put DirectX 9.0c on your Windows 10 computer to get SF1 generation games to work.  DirectX 9 will not interfere with DirectX 10.  Use the latest DX 9 version. I've attached a copy of directx_June10_redist.7z to this post.

Then try using FalconC45's HDR mod from here:

This worked for me.

directx_Jun2010_redist.7z

On 1/19/2019 at 6:52 PM, UllyB said:

alright then, now it's clear. Without Direct X 9.0c you are screwed, the game won't work at all. But, if you wanna have both "worlds" scrubb the Win 10 (in my opinion is not better than Win 7 , it's a Win 7 in it's core , NT nucleus and such, and it doesn't do things better than Win 7, it's just a illusion that it does. Trust me I know what I am talking about) and reinstall the Win 7 64x. I also can play ANY new game I like with Win 7, so...why not having it and play the SF1/SF2 series, eh ? Give it try, you won't regret it.

yeah i give it SF2 series a try. Thanks for the help

On 1/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, Geary said:

Josh275,

You may want to put DirectX 9.0c on your Windows 10 computer to get SF1 generation games to work.  DirectX 9 will not interfere with DirectX 10.  Use the latest DX 9 version. I've attached a copy of directx_June10_redist.7z to this post.

Then try using FalconC45's HDR mod from here:

This worked for me.

directx_Jun2010_redist.7z

alright let me try it. Thanks