Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

DCS Weekend News: 15th March 2019

Header2019_720-EN.jpg

DCS: F-14 Tomcat Released

F14-350.jpg

The F-14 Tomcat developed by Heatblur Simulations is now available for download from:

DCS World e-Shop

Heatblur Simulations Store

Steam Store

The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a two crew, variable geometry, maritime air superiority fighter that served with the US Navy for 32 years and continues to serve with the IRIAF in Iran. The F-14 was the US Navy's frontline fighter from the 1970s until the mid-2000s. Over the course of its long service life, it also became the US Navy’s premier precision ground-attack platform and lone airborne reconnaissance asset.

2019-03-12-F-14-07-238.jpg 2019-03-12-F-14-10-238.jpg 2019-03-12-F-14-06-238.jpg

More screenshots

Outstanding features of the aircraft are the swing-wing configuration, crew of two, and the powerful AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) and radar. The AWG-9 allows employment of the powerful AIM-54 Phoenix air to air missile while the LANTIRN pod allows the ability to carry out precision ground strikes using laser-guided bombs. The F-14 Tomcat was present during many pivotal moments such as the two Gulf of Sidra incidents, Operation Desert Storm in Iraq, the conflict in Yugoslavia, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was also immortalized in the iconic motion picture, Top Gun, and starred in several other feature films including The Final Countdown, Executive Decision, and others.

Top 10 Things to Know About DCS World

As DCS World continues to grow and increase in popularity, new users often have similar questions about the game. This video is designed to answer the 10 most common questions we see.

Find your answers to these and other questions here.

1. Do I need a HOTAS to play?
  2. Does DCS World support Virtual Reality?
  3. Can I use Track IR with DCS World?
  4. Does DCS World allow multiplayer?
  5. How do I set up controllers?
  6. Do I have to start up the aircraft every time?
  7. Are there Free Flight modes?
  8. Is there a Mission Editor included?
  9. Are tutorials included?
  10. What is DCS World?

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 Content Refresh

Recent DCS World open beta releases have brought a massive refresh of our Flaming Cliffs 3 mission content. All Flaming Cliffs 3 Instant Action and Single Missions have been updated or re-built from scratch to ensure they still conform to their original design and play out as intended. Improvements and features you may notice include:

• Improved communications with ‘allied flight reports’ enabled
  • Re-balanced mission success criteria
  • Improved AI reliability while executing their mission tasks
  • Battlefield effects and airfield activity to give the world a more ‘lived in’ feel Our campaign content has not been forgotten
  • The changes were to the missions only so in-progress campaigns should pick up right where they left off. A similar refresh for older campaigns will take place as the year progresses

SATAL 2019, Squadron Air to Air League, commences air operations on Saturday, April 6th at 1400z!

Following the success of previous SATALs, the members of SATAL 2019 are excited to kick off this year’s competition. Eagle Dynamics is the official sponsor, and tremendous prizes from Eagle Dynamics, Heatblur, Thrustmaster and others will be available. This year is set to be bigger than ever!

SATAL-2019.jpg

SATAL is a Player vs Player (PvP) competition that pits the best DCS World virtual squadrons against each other. Squads fight for domination of the skies in 6 vs 6 Diamond League and 4 vs 4 Gold League matches.

The matches will be streamed every Saturday and Sunday at 1400 GMT. The first viewer-giveaway will be a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS! This giveaway can be entered at, https://bit.ly/2TFQanv. Further prizes and viewer-giveaways will be announced soon. View the current signup, prize pool, and match schedule here.

DCS World Open Beta Update

This week we released a new Open Beta of DCS World that includes such highlights as:

• Added support for the Heablur Simulations DCS: F-14 Tomcat
  • Updates to the RAZBAM MiG-19P to include cockpit systems, cockpit art and effects, external model, animations, and its manual. Changes to the M-2000C and AV-8B are also included
  • Improvements to the AvioDev C-101
  • Changes to the Hornet that include numerous improvements to the datalink and IFF systems. We also added the target designation box to the HUD for the HARM in TOO mode, and corrected the wind-induced roll

You can read the complete change log on DCS forum

Sincerely,
The Eagle Dynamics Team

• Like 1

Excellent!! I bought it during the pre-purchase, now I have it installed and I can say that it is awesome. Great plane and great module by Heatblur!

Man it costs a fortune to play their game LOL

Edited by UllyB

Each aircraft module is effectively a complete study sim (some more complete than others). The fact that they share the same free graphics engine and base world maps doesn't change the fact that one aircraft is modeled to an incredible amount of detail. Microsoft FSX / Lockheed P3d is far from cheap. Buy the base games, then go get an Accusim aircraft like the P-40, P-51, and/or Spitfire. Buy TacPack. Buy Orbx terrain addons... Hardcore simulation is labor intensive, and labor costs money. I said many years ago at SimHQ that I would easily pay $100 or more for a study-sim of the F-4 and MiG-21. I am halfway there ;) I have all of the DCS World addon aircraft. It wasn't cheap. But I have spent far more on hardware: joysticks, HOTAS, gpus, RAM, entire new machines, etc. Once purchased, the modules are good until ED goes bankrupt... which is a lot longer than my much more expensive hardware has lasted and will last in the near future.

Edited by streakeagle
  • Like 1

if ED goes bankrupt who would repay the cash for all the planes bought from them ? And even so...it's too much expensive IMO. If I do a little math and I add a little,  I already can fly with a real one. LOL. In Australia a ride with F-14 is 2500 bucks.