Sign in to follow this  
don246

Zeppelin problems

How can I stop the Zeppelins all bunching up there were 5 of them is it poss can i just have one.

img00016.thumb.JPG.452df573a599ee8debc40b51af5d2ee9.JPG

That is strange...I run the different Zepp and airship types across several theaters so I don't experience that (maybe reduced congestion that way...). If you're running the airships using the old data inis, I recommend trying out my latest tweaks for them that came out around the ver. 9.5 FM update pack - might help to resolve the problem. If that doesn't fix things, then I recommend doing things the old way - delete all Zepp and airship folders from your installs, and then re-install them from stock, before tweaking further. (If installing the airship tweaks from my FM update pack, be careful to notice the difference between the player-flown airship data inis - those go into the aircraft folder of your install - and the AI-flown types - those files go into the ground objects folder instead - I've organized them by relevant folders in my FM update pack.)

Von S :smile:

**How to set up and use a Zeppelin**

This method is the only way I've been able to use a Zeppelin in the game.
This works for user controlled and AI.

The game engine doesn't produce a single aircraft all the time, regardless of how I set up the Formation.INI

parameters. I can set my formation or an AI to only have 1 squadron with 1 flight with 1 aircraft, which would

be my plane or any other AI aircraft that uses the same Formation Parameter.It seems to work sometimes. But for

what ever reason the sim will randomly add a second aircraft (wingman). So some missions my plane or the AI will

be flying solo or every 2nd or third mission will have a wingman. I've tried many times to try to change this

but to no avail.

So, to get a specific aircraft to have its own specialized formation, lets say a Zeppelin, this is what I did:

1. In the "Flight" folder open the NATIONS.INI file and create a new nation and make sure you number it   

consecutively. In my case I created a nation called "GERMANY_Zeppelin". Save when done.

[Nation047]
Name=GERMANY_Zeppelin                    <----------- Add new name
DisplayName=German Zeppelin Air Service
Alignment=ENEMY
PilotNameList=NamesGerman.lst
RankList=RanksGAS.lst
CallsignList=
Formation.Fighter=Fighter
Formation.Attack=Attack
Formation.Bomber=Zeppelin                <----------- add new formation name for Bomber ONLY
Formation.Transport=TruckConvoy
Formation.Tank=TankSpread
Formation.MobileAD=AD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=
SpeechTextFile=
Medals=MedalsGAS.ini
MedalTextFile=MedalsWWI.str
ActiveDate=06/30/1918
AlternateDecal=GERMANY_Zep01            <------------\
                                                      \
[Nation048]
Name=GERMANY_Zep01                                     ------ Add these parameters for using different decals
ActiveDate=03/20/1918                                         like the "GERMANY" nation uses.
AlternateDecal=GERMANY_Zep02
                                                      /
[Nation049]                             <------------/
Name=GERMANY_Zep02
ActiveDate=01/28/1914

2. Now in the "Flight" folder open the FORMATIONS.INI. You will have to add a few parameters to this file:
   1. Create a new [FormationTypexxx]
   2. Create a new [Squadron] formation style
   3. Create a new [Flight] formation style

add this parameter at the end of the other [FormationTypexxx] parameters. Number it correctly.

[FormationType0xx]                         <------ Add new "Type" number
Name=Zeppelin
BaseLevel=2
Level[01].Name=Squadron
Level[01].Size=1
Level[01].Formation[01]=Squadron_Wall_Zep  <------ will be created below
Level[02].Name=Flight
Level[02].Size=2
Level[02].Formation[01]=Flight_Wall_Zep    <------ will be created below
Level[03].Name=Element
Level[03].Size=1

[Squadron_Wall_Zep]                        <------ Add this parameter down in the Squadron section after
Position[01].Offset=     0,    0,   0             
//Position[02].Offset=   500,    0,   0
//Position[03].Offset=  1000,    0,   0
//Position[04].Offset=  1500,    0,   0

[Flight_Wall_Zep]                          <------ Add this parameter down at the end of the [Flight] section
Position[01].Offset=    0,     0,   0
Position[02].Offset= 6550, -1000,   0      <------ Notice the far spread. this will keep the big Zeppelins
                                                   far away from each other if two appear in a mission

* So even though I created my formation to have 1 Squadron, 1 flight with 1 element, the game will still

accasionaly produce a second aircraft. that is why I created a wide spread in the [Flight_Wall_Zep] parameter.

The Zeppelins, if two appear, will be far enough apart that it will not matter if there are two of them.

Give it a try and see what happens. Hope it works out for you.
Enjoy!

Quack74

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

And if your own flight has a wingman assigned by the game engine, then go to the Roster menu where you can remove/add wingmen.

Done by clicking on the respective line(s).

Edited by Crusader
  • Like 2