Skyviper

Oh My Love To Hear Your Roar Once Again...

Yeah I'm a sucker for the F-14 .. what aircraft engines do you like hear purring/roaring?

as far old war birds go...

• Like 2

Mustang mark IV (the one's with Merlin engine), heard it for the first time in 2017 and still have the sound in mind :)

Avro Lancaster, heard it once at BFC Bagotville years ago and god i would like to hear it back...

As for the jets, F-14 is my top choice... bring back memories of 1992 when i went in the US for an exchange with the Sea Cadets and spent a day at NAS Miramar. not to mention the 3 Carriers i could visit (Ranger, Constellation and Kitty Hawk).

And a good old Huey for the Helo :)

I'd have to agree ... something about those radial engines I enjoy, but in fairness hearing a turbo fan spool or reheat gives me the good chills.  

I remeber in 80`s at RAF St Athans near me...watching in air show,phantom of the RAF take off vertical to a dot and gone...amazing sights sounds and memories...good old days....plus vulcan at 100ft...climb out soooooo noisy but worth the pain lol

This is how one Lt delivered an aircraft back in 80`s and yes its genuine. as you see it didnt happen just once..IIRC pilot of F4 was A Flt LT J Pearce

fetch?id=3684381fetch?id=3484979

Edited by russouk2004
  • Like 2