Sign in to follow this  
gerwin

Aggressor Camo Skin for F/A-18A (TMF) (fictional)

version 1.0

by Gerwin 20-4-2019

DESCRIPTION:
Made for The Mirage Factory F/A-18A model. For use by the player or
by a new nation which can be called "Aggressor" in the Nations.ini.
This skin is part of a Skin set, all in the same style, by the same author.

INSTALLATION:
Copy the included folder with contents to the folder that contains
the F/A-18A files, for example:
WOE\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18A
or
My Documents\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Objects\Aircraft\FA-18A

Sample entries for a new nation called "Aggressor":

Add to Flight\Nations.ini, at an appropriate number XXX:
[NationXXX]
Name=Aggressor
DisplayName=Aggressor Red Air Force
Alignment=ENEMY
PilotNameList=NamesRussian.lst
RankList=RanksRussian.lst
CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst
Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter
Formation.Attack=SovietFighter
Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber
Formation.Transport=SovietBomber
Formation.Tank=SovietTank
Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD
PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL
GenderRatio=0
DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav
DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav
DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav
SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat
SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.str

Add to FA-18A__UserList.ini:
[Aggressor]
ServiceStartYear=1983
ServiceEndYear=2010
Availability=COMMON

THANKS TO:
Third Wire for the Strike Fighters Based Games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Spinoee
      I found this mod on my hard drive from years ago, and since the dev has long since gone dormant and the download link may not even exist anymore, I decided to re-vitalize it.  Therefore, I present the F/A-18E Super Hornet Mod for DCS World!  This mod currently uses F-15C avionics and cockpit, just like most of the VSN mods, but I hope to change that at some point.  The external model is not completely accurate (wing pylons are not angled outward like they should be and the outer wing pylons are shaped incorrectly), but it'll do for now.  Full air to air capability and limited air to ground capability with unguided bombs/rockets.

Now all I need is for someone to make some Top Gun Maverick skins for it!  Releases soon!
    • By simonmiller416

View File 65th Aggressor Squadron Skin for F-35A
      [The 65th Aggressor Squadron currently flies the F-35A, operating as a high-end adversary air to better simulate stealth fighters being inducted in competing nations. As part of the 57th Operations Group, the squadron simulates peer and near-peer stealth threat tactics for Red Flag exercises and provides support for the USAF Weapons School syllabus.]  From Wikipedia
      This mod inclued basic skin and tail number, training weapons(CATM-120 CATM-9)
      The original F-35  by FastCargo.
      Installation:
      1.Make sure you already have a F-35A;
      2.Coby Objects Folder into your SF2 game main folder;
      3.Open NATIONS.INI then add:
      [NationXXX] --------- xxx need to follow your last Nation number
      Name=USAF_AGRS
      DisplayName=USAF Aggressors
      Alignment=ENEMY
      PilotNameList=NamesMercs.lst
      RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
      Formation.Fighter=USFighter
      Formation.Attack=USFighter
      Formation.Bomber=USBomber
      Formation.Transport=USBomber
      Formation.Tank=USTank
      Formation.MobileAD=USAD
      PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT
      GenderRatio=0
      Medals=MedalsUSAF.ini
      MedalTextFile=MedalsUSAF.str
      Submitter simonmiller416 Submitted 08/27/2022 Category F-35  
    • By simonmiller416
      [The 65th Aggressor Squadron currently flies the F-35A, operating as a high-end adversary air to better simulate stealth fighters being inducted in competing nations. As part of the 57th Operations Group, the squadron simulates peer and near-peer stealth threat tactics for Red Flag exercises and provides support for the USAF Weapons School syllabus.]  From Wikipedia
      This mod inclued basic skin and tail number, training weapons(CATM-120 CATM-9)
      The original F-35  by FastCargo.
      Installation:
      1.Make sure you already have a F-35A;
      2.Coby Objects Folder into your SF2 game main folder;
      3.Open NATIONS.INI then add:
      [NationXXX] --------- xxx need to follow your last Nation number
      Name=USAF_AGRS
      DisplayName=USAF Aggressors
      Alignment=ENEMY
      PilotNameList=NamesMercs.lst
      RankList=RanksUSAF.lst
      Formation.Fighter=USFighter
      Formation.Attack=USFighter
      Formation.Bomber=USBomber
      Formation.Transport=USBomber
      Formation.Tank=USTank
      Formation.MobileAD=USAD
      PilotTrainingStandard=EXCELLENT
      GenderRatio=0
      Medals=MedalsUSAF.ini
      MedalTextFile=MedalsUSAF.str
    • By GKABS

Speaking to Breaking Defense, Ali Al Hashim, a Kuwait-based defense analyst has said that the US Marine Corps (USMC) is interested in taking over kuwaiti F/A-18s when they are retired from service (the country is currently fielding 27 legacy F-18 Hornets, plus six F-18D trainers).

Malaysia and Tunisia are said to be interested in acquiring those legacy Hornets, however, the USMC will have priority as approval is required from the US government before Kuwait can sell the jets to other nations.

“Kuwait cannot sell the legacy Hornets to another country without the prior approval of the US Navy,” said Hashim. “There are reports that the US Marines command appears to be interested in acquiring the Kuwait fleet of Hornets, and negotiations were underway between the two sides.”

According to Alert5, the USMC is planning to retire its F/A-18s in 2030 and has given its existing F/A-18 fleet some upgrades such as a new AN/APG-79(v)4 radar and ejection seats.

The Kuwait Air Force received the first two of 28 Typhoon jet fighters being built by Leonardo were last December, while the 28 F/A-18E/F Super Hornet block 3 were reportedly delivered last September by Boeing to the US Navy. Kuwaiti pilots training on the Typhoons will start flying the fighters to Kuwait during this year and well into the next one.

Hashim explained that transferring the Super Hornets to Kuwait will take longer than planned due to the delayed infrastructure work at Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base because of the pandemic.

According to Abdullah Al Foudary, the former Kuwait Air Force commander, selecting the Super Hornet to replace the Hornets was a “natural and logical move.” Instead he said that the additional selection of the Typhoon came in line with a policy to “unify the platforms with other members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC),” an alliance of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and Oman.

"Saudi Arabia and Oman had procured the Eurofighter Typhoon and Qatar was considering it and recently proceeded with the purchase,” Al Foudary pointed out. “The idea here is that GCC air forces would be easily interoperable and will also be able to support one another with spare parts if they all purchased the same platforms.”
    • By Lex2Limit
      Hi Folks,
      Sorry for my late introduction. I've been on board here for a few years, but have only ever been a spectator.  I'd like to get actively involved as well and will put a couple mods here on the board.
      I have made a few modifications to F-14 (TW and TMF) cockpits, but specifically I am working on a graphical upgrade for the F/A-18 cockpit from Brain32. Especially on the DDI's
      My problem:
      Can someone help me redefine the textures for the ICP.
      For the F/A-18 A cockpit there is only one texture for the counters - DDI_Counter_1. I would like to have my own definition for the ICP. DDI_counter_3, because for the F/A-18C cockpit there are already two. (fuel)
      So that it looks in the end like this:

The result till now is this:

I make the whole Font as Glass Gauge. It's a free font it will match for the hud and DDi's but not for the ICP. (Like DCS F/A-18C)
      Nice Greets 
      Lex

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..