Sign in to follow this  
Geary

SF2 F-80_T-33_F-94_Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc...

SF2 F-80_T-33_F-94_Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc...

Redrawn Lines, Rivets, etc.. for ErikGen's F-80/T-33/F-94 SF2 KAW set.

Add your own paint, dirt, details and weathering.

I made these templates so I could make natural metal/aluminum skins for these planes.
------------
These templates are more like WIPs. They are a bit rough and can use some improvement. They could use some organizing. I don't think I'll be doing anymore to them, so feel free to improve them in any way you wish.

These templates are Photoshop .psd files at 2048 pixels. They have redrawn lines, rivets and various bits. They can be reduced for those with low spec computers.

Soulfreak has released an excellent Hi-Rez RT-33A template for the 2 seater Shooting Star at 4096 pixels.
------------
If you want to make the lines and rivets darker or lighter, this template allows you to do that yourself by adjusting the opacity of the lines, rivets or any layer of this file. You can also 'Click' off any layer you don't wish to use, such as the rivets layer, if you don't wish to have any rivets. To use it you must have a paint program that reads/modifies .psd files.

Then you can adjust the specular, glossiness and/or reflection entries in the skin's texture.ini file to get the skin to your liking.

I use the poor mans' method of bump mapping. I don't have the needed software or skills to create real bump maps. I use two template layers: one black the other white. The white layer is below the black layer and offset one pixel up or down and one pixel left or right. Then adjust the opacity of each layer to create a 'shadow' effect. When done right it gives the illusion it's 3D.
------------
Credit and Thanks to:

ErikGen for this great plane set.
Wrench for all of the original skins I repainted except for the F-94 skin.
paulopanz for the original F-94 skin I repainted.
------------
I'm releasing this under the Combat Ace Fair Use Agreement. Use it anyway you wish for personal use.  For any other use, please contact me first. 

If you find any problems with it, please PM me.  If you improve it, please PM me a copy. 

Thanks to all who are helping me learn to skin by direct involvement and/or by inspiration.

If I forget or miss anyone who deserves credit for anything I release, I apologize.  I have no intent to abuse or misuse anyone's property or claim it as my own.  Please contact me to correct any error.

Geary

• Thanks 3

Cool! 

waiting for Starfire squadrons anthology now!

Someone?

I still have somewhere on my HDDs temps with all Stencils for the (R)T-33s & F-80s...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soulfreak said:

I still have somewhere on my HDDs temps with all Stencils for the (R)T-33s & F-80s...

Good. I couldn't see the stenciling very well and wasn't sure what some of it said so I had to guess. :biggrin: