Sign in to follow this  
rogueranger1993

Any info on editing radio chatter?

I'd like to know if the forums have any info on how to edit the SF2 radio chatter/voice files, and if so, where can I find it?

In particular, I want to create a set of new voice files for the radio chatter that sounds better while remaining easy to understand without needing subtitles. I tried a mod that edited them once, but I couldn't understand a thing they were saying with it installed. I'd also like to know if it would be possible to add multiple voice types - such as one with a British accent, another with a Texan/southern drawl, and even an Arabic accent, and then have the game use them randomly (or, even better, assign them by nationality for AI planes and assign randomly-selected voices to specific pilots in your roster that will remain constant during a campaign).

My second objective is to try and find a way to remove the ambient radio chatter that plays, but which has no direct relevance to the player. Yeah, it's atmospheric, but I'd personally like to cut out the chatter that isn't relevant to me or my squadron.