Pepelev

Su-17M2 squadrons

Hello all. 

After three days of research I've managed to compile a list of VVS squadrons that flew the M2 variant of the Fitter. Hope you enjoy!! 

IMG_5894.PNG

The M2 was the first all weather day or night variant of the Fitter, it was also the last variant to see large scale service before the Mig-27 and Su25 became the more numorus soviet strike and attack aircraft. Seeing action in the Iran Iraq war and the Libyan Chad war. The M2 was built from 1976 till 1978. 

IMG_5792.JPG

IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_0177.PNG

Edited by Pepelev
  • Like 1

I think you are missing a few ones, but, overall it´s a nicer job than the one i made :biggrin:

• Haha 1

the research for this hobby can be as intense as the modding.

have you tried seeing if there are social media pages for the retired Soviet pilots? i have been getting some headway on Facebook with pages for the units that flew particular aircraft in the past, and wonder if there was any Cryllic equivilent

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

the research for this hobby can be as intense as the modding.

have you tried seeing if there are social media pages for the retired Soviet pilots? i have been getting some headway on Facebook with pages for the units that flew particular aircraft in the past, and wonder if there was any Cryllic equivilent

Hmmmmm I'll give it a try!!!! 

19 hours ago, FLOGGER23 said:

I think you are missing a few ones, but, overall it´s a nicer job than the one i made :biggrin:

I've used www.ww2.dk for most of the research as is lists all VVS squadrons and what they flew and when. However I think some units are missing.