Sign in to follow this  
Jel

Unashamed Promo of UAW160

More "What If" piccies using one of Ray's SWOTL planesets :smile:

The screenies were 1920x1080 so they have been reduced to 75% and some sharpness has been lost

al8hvlev5c6pdhfzg.jpg

ii56fbc5xueix9mzg.jpg

57fbgjdbh1un3q3zg.jpg

o2f82uefa4yko14zg.jpg

19loja3q8l0h02rzg.jpg

k4x9ec2kgqaomxszg.jpg

nb76s43qht4mznozg.jpg

I managed to shoot down two He162s :pilotfly:

Edited by Jel

Got a few more "what-ifs" in the pipeline including this one -

qrmj0vw30u0gjcmzg.jpg

ezbvsnvq3d49yrezg.jpg

As you can see, it's armed with two 20mm cannon and carries one air to air anti-bomber rocket, plus it's got a full smoke plume behind it.

So far in flight testing testing, I haven't been able to shoot down a damn thing. It's too fast! But it is a hoot to fly for the 1/4 hour that it has fuel for. After that it's a brick. Kinda like what the real thing would have been like.

Never forget, the 1.6 developers strive to keep you entertained with new releases all the time. Presently we're working on some new scenarios involving lesser known theaters of operation from WWII.

Just a taste of things to come:

CANTZ 506 floatplane, which of course lands and takes off from water tiles.

jedqc1wtgm9jcxazg.jpg

BV138 tri-motor floatplane-

dx44pq449x3lb2jzg.jpg

Fokker G-1 -

nlkip0grv6cdcrqzg.jpg

Fokker T-V

ebmxwosj7ua9js1zg.jpg

Fokker 21

sepb0wue6nwa84wzg.jpg

Fiat G-55

s8171bm96u71ivrzg.jpg

These are completed but there are quite a few more on the list of planes to be added to the 1.6 inventory.

Short Stirling

Westland Lysander

P-80

F9F

F11F

Boomerang

Ju288

Defiant

Mc207

Flyable V-1

Valentia

Vampire

Wirraway

Wellington

He219

• Like 1

Is this version of the sim suitable for downloading/playing on Win 10?

4 hours ago, RIBob said:

Is this the same question yet again?

In a discussion re- installing UAW160 on your Win10 PC you were having problems, but I do not know if this was ever resolved.

I am running UAW160 on my Win10 PC and I have never had any trouble. Many other people are running it in Win10, including some who are using it online for sessions at GameRanger.
The only other person who has reported installation problems is Stratos, but it turns out that he cannot run any version of EAW in Win10, so his problem is not UAW160 specific

If there are problems then to fix them I need to be able to generate the problem on my PC. As I cannot do that I cannot help. 

Some of the piccies were taken when one of Ray's 2019 planesets was loaded. If you want to try them you need to make sure that Ray's 2019 planes have been installed on your PC.
Check your UAW160 folder. If they have been installed then there should be an "ALT PLANES" folder in your "Aircraft_Inventory" and a "SWOTL-Late" folder in your "Planesets" folder.

I posted a link to the installer in a thread in the SimHQ EAW forum.
Right-click on the link below and open it in a new tab to see the post with the link in it:

Link in a SimHQ Post

:smile: Jel

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RIBob said:

I was not able to edit my previous post, so I had to make this new one in order to post this question.

What versions of EAW are you able to run on your Win 10 PC?

I have many versions of EAW playable on my Win 10 computer.   Some work better than others.  If you want specifics, then that will be version-by-version.

I an NOT trying to be a jerk, or confrontational.  Nor have I had the time, to investigate the most recent offerings.  Let me digest things, try them out, and report back.  Family things, and personal health have taken a toll, but I am rebounding.

All I want, and what should be in your best interest, is an easily downloadable version of V1.60, playable on Win 10.  I have a very good Win 7 computer, but my Win 10 computer, along with its' vastly better Gfx card is Soooooooooo much better.

That's the difference.  Modern Win 10 computers are capable of accepting Modern GFX cards.  Older Win 7 computers not so much.   

I have copied the first part of my "STICKY" post from SimHQ:

********************************************************************************
This thread has been made a "sticky"  so please do not post in it.
If you have questions or need to comment please send me a PM
********************************************************************************

I have rebuilt the 160 installation from my current folder.
It is a simple two part installation.

Part 1 is here:
160InstallationPart1

The file you download is named "UAW160.exe" and it is a 7-zip self installer.
When you run it it creates a "UAW160" folder, which has the minimum files and folders for a working installation test.

Make sure that your joystick is plugged in before you run the eaw.exe. 
Otherwise you will get a serious cockpit shake and will not be able to control your aircraft.

When you run the "eaw.exe" (maybe with your own "eaw.ini") it should give you the UAW default ETO theatre and aircraft.
This will be a test to see if your system works.

**********************************************************************************
Now if I recall correctly you downloaded and installed "Part 1".

For some reason you got a CTD when you ran it, and I never found out whether or not you got it to work.

I just downloaded it to test and it worked on my Win 10 PC, so try it again, but before you launch EAW go to one of your other EAW folders that works, run a single mission in the ETO theatre in d3d mode, then exit.
Copy your "eaw.ini" file from that folder and paste it into the "UAW160" folder created by the "Part one" download.

Then run the new EAW and report back.

*********************************************************************************

I must add that many players have downloaded Part1 and installed it successfully on Win 10.

I found I couldn't run part one until I woke up and re read the instructions and DUHH deleted the ini and ran it and it was fine..Sometimes it's the little things we miss make the difference

Edited by rwatson

A few carrier shots in SPAW2019 :smile:

They are on water tiles and they have raised decks  so you can take off from them and land on them.
Additionally they make good targets because there is a lot of additional stuff on the decks (such as planes and guns) that you can destroy when you attack them.
It is a whole barrel of fun :pilotfly:

6edbohju1v48ubizg.jpg

phxhr553uqlerfvzg.jpg

ka75dztd4thhklezg.jpg

01emqvfthpwru9zzg.jpg

o2y5npkueytvnllzg.jpg

Edited by Jel

The trick for offline players is to fly host-only multiplayer which allows you to set not only your home base, but to set the friendly primary, enemy primary and enemy secondary bases. This allows for games with four different carriers involved.

Here there are five, with the target also being a carrier:

pelflij3xq7r2vnzg.jpg

So what you're saying is that there are multiple, fully functional aircraft carriers available to the community right now for those players who use the 1.6 development line?

Yes

This is my limited multiplayer folder but all of the theatres highlighted in blue have at least one working carrier.

4z6q02udxooig5pzg.jpg

In some cases there may be only British carriers, because there were no operational Axis carriers in the European and Mediterranean theatres, and the US carriers were in the Pacific.

:smile:

Here is the original raised carrier from 1.28c done over ten years ago :smile:

s998y1mfoydqsy7zg.jpg

ol4ma9fkuzqzvwszg.jpg

Since our first one in 1.28c all of our carriers are recognisable as WW2 carriers, unlike some others elsewhere :smile: