49 minutes ago, High-Flyer said:

hi, not much time to play game but i like the sf1 but none of gkabs stuff work and how to get to work?  :fie:

Hello High-Flyer,

Sorry to hear that. I will be more than happy to fix all my files so you or anyone else can use them in SF1 if someone tell me how to do it or what i need to fix.

Edited by GKABS

High-Flyer, many things in SF2 (where you downloaded GKABS files from) is not backwards compatible to SF1.

we SF2 modders have many complaints from the SF1 crowd about this. Sorry that it is so, but (speaking for myself only) it is what it is. If the modder doesnt even have SF1, it is pretty hard for them to make a mod for it

apologies to GKABS for hijacking, but as stated it is a common complaint against the Gen 2 modders.

Do yourself a really big favour, and save your pennies up, and by SF2 and its expansions, oh and FE2 as well when you can afford it,I realise that not everyone can afford to "splash out" however the benefits are definitely worth it, everything will work just peachy then, whatever you download pretty much :pilotfly:

gkabs, that is nice of you.  i wish i know how to help but i can just enough simple mod changes but maybe there is someone that knows this.  i found out that SF1 can be used in SF2 already .  But this would be good but i see errror is mine.  Because in gkabs.net downloads  you say sf2 only but i hope you find a way to have for all versions so all enjoy :biggrin:  

it's the incompatiality of the 2 formats -- all the SF1 series is ANSI. The SF2 series uses UNICODE. SF2 can read both, hence the ability of SF1 mods being usable there.

This is the way it is ... there is no need for 2 of everything just because people refuse to evolve. SF1 is DEAD, and SF2 is just barely hanging on.

As Daddyairplanes and Trotksi just said, this is the way of the world. Think of it as "gaming Darwinism".

i don't understand how SF1 is dead.  why then SF1 forum here and members on this SF1 board???????  I  dont know ansi or unicode - only if the SF2 models can be used in SF1.  It is sad that no one can find the way so we miss out and lose but ok then as progress i guess.  oh well and gkabs you should in readme say it not work for SF1 series since you say allowed to use in Strike fighters 1 but you cant do that it doesnt work.  now off on mission trip with my outdated laptop and SF1 lol lol lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, High-Flyer said:

i don't understand how SF1 is dead.  why then SF1 forum here and members on this SF1 board???????  I  dont know ansi or unicode - only if the SF2 models can be used in SF1.  It is sad that no one can find the way so we miss out and lose but ok then as progress i guess.  oh well and gkabs you should in readme say it not work for SF1 series since you say allowed to use in Strike fighters 1 but you cant do that it doesnt work.  now off on mission trip with my outdated laptop and SF1 lol lol lol

I would really like to help you, but as I understood and from reading this post, I need SF1 game which I don't have and the 3D max exporter.

I am afraid without them I cannot do anything and I am really sorry.

With regard to my readme file, I have been including this statement with all my files.

All my files should include the Strike Fighters 2 Series game file (.old) and the texture required.

But I will write it clearly next time that model work only for SF2 :good:

Edited by GKABS

Given the fact the items are in the SF2 downloads section wasn't a hint???

To be honest, the file announcement should have the statement "For SF2 series ONLY" (like all of my stuff does).

We (the site owner & admins) keep the 1stGen forums open simply because there's data, information, 'tips, tweeks & tricks" archived here that (may) have value for SF2 users.

This is the way of it.