Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Changes: Add-On Aircraft

I have added 4 categories to the ADD-ON AIRCRAFT cetegory for SF/WOV. They are as follows:

Modern Era Aircraft

Cold War Era Aircraft

Helicopters

WW2 Aircraft

WW1 Aircraft

If anyone submits a new Add-On Aircraft, please try to select one of these categories. This should help in the search process rather then have users simply rifle thru the 275 aircraft that are currently uploaded.

Meanwhile, CombatAce staff will be editing the uploads and putting the aircraft into correct categories. If you have a link to this upload, it may change. This will take some time with the amount of add-on there are. I'm simply trying to organize things a little better for you as well as get the search function working appropriately.

Cheers~

Fates

Guest capun

Thanks

Just a quick question, what is the breakdown for Cold War and Modern planes?

Thanks

Just a quick question, what is the breakdown for Cold War and Modern planes?

The interpretation of the person that's uploading the aircraft. ;) They can put it where they feel that it will most likely be found.

Personally, I would put all modern day aircraft into the modern era. To me, this would include all F-16's, 15's, 18's, 22's. The F-14 may be the pivotal aicraft between these two era's and I personally would put it in the cold war side. However, it would be up to the interpretaion of the uploader. I didn't think that adding each aircraft as a category would be wise becuase I would just wind up with almost as many categories as I had aircraft.

Cheer~

Fates

Personally I would classify "Cold War" planes as being the post-WWII, pre-"teen" series jets, generally 1945-1970.

So planes like the F-86, F-104, F-4 were Cold War, but F-14, F-16, B-1, etc are modern day. Planes from that era that are still around like B-52, C-130, C-5, etc can go based on the skins included with it I suppose.

The Jedi Master

So planes like the F-86, F-104, F-4 were Cold War, but F-14, F-16, B-1, etc are modern day. Planes from that era that are still around like B-52, C-130, C-5, etc can go based on the skins included with it I suppose.

Perhaps we can rename the "Cold War" section?

I tend to go with Jedi on the post WWII/Korea/Vietnam era rather than Cold War which of course ran right up into the Eighties.

Planes like Sepecat Jaguar & Mirage F1 started arriving in service in 1973 with the A-10, F-15, F-16 all arriving in service from 1975 or so when the Cold War was very much on.

It does get complicated with aircraft & variants that span several decades such as F-4, B-52, U-2 etc though.

E.g. is a Luftwaffe F-4F (still in service) a Cold War or Modern?

I guess I consider Cold War Era as Post WW2 to the Fall of the Berlin Wall

I like the post WWII idea better myself.