Stratos

Soviet-Polish War addon?

I forgot to add that we need a river merge tile, and river-canal merge tile.

The file below has now included riverforks between big rivers and between big and small river. City on coast tiles are active now and can be used.

For tile setting with TDF Tool it should work.

I have started to lay some small river tiles in Königsberg area. Here you see how small rivers can "flow" through cities.

Ostpreussen12042020.7z

• Thanks 2

You ask for a small river to big river merge tile. I have tried to build one, but it looks ... shi....

Its better to make big rivers and small rivers. Big rivers in the polish terrain would be Weichsel / Wisla and Oder /Odra. All other rivers i would make as small rivers.

you need tiles like these "standard 3W river" (desert, VNSEA, GCE) to IsraelME "river" -- more like a stream than a river.

I can't find the PSDs I used to make these, but the tiles themselves are in my IsraelME upgrade/rebuild/correction.

or I could just send (whoever) the 2 tgas, and you can work from those. They're only 'stock' size (256x), but you can figure out to upsize as needed. As you most likely won't be actually using these, they'd be a great starting point.

large-small-river-y-tiles.jpg

I will not change all the river tiles I already added. Rivers are rivers.

Will check the river fork and report back, Gepard, can you check If all the rivers are completed so I can move to other parts of the map? like rivers trough cities, correct forests with rivers, etc. 

Also, will love If someone can name the cities in the map, so I can correct its size and start laying roads.

The rivers, which are neccessary for a polish-soviet war scenario you has already placed on the map.

Of course you could include more rivers. But there is no need to place more.

• Like 1

Riverfork for small to small rivers is tile FRRiver6

Riverfork from big to small river is tile FRRheinEK

Riverfork from big to big river is tile  FRRheinEK

Rivermouth big river to sea is tile FRRheinM

• Like 1

Can I get a big river end tile as well?

Any help you can provide with city names?

A big river end tile i have not. But this is not neccessary, because all TK sims have the so called "invisible wall", what means, that you can go closer than 80 km to the edge of the terrain. If the river ends far awy from battleground then there is no need for a big river end tile.

Your question relating the towns. All german towns are alreday on the map. For the polish towns you should take a map and you will find the names there. This is the way i do it. Look on a map, make a guess where the correct place on your game map is and then create the city there. Its only a game of guess.

• Like 1

I have posted above a map of Poland after 1918.

Here i have marked all polish towns which should included in game (in the red circle)

5e948ce2134bd_PolnischsowjetischerKriegweitestesVordringenPolensNamen.thumb.jpg.3402aace62afe9d7f8d37dfb5fc07cab.jpg

All other towns are to far east.

Could be, that all towns in a strip below Wilno (today Vilnius, the lithuanian capital) and Tarnopol (east of Lwow) are to close to the egde of the map (invisible wall). This must be checked.

Ok, will check it, BTW the cities are way too big, right?

Another questions, would be possible to add a working seaplane base? where seaplanes can be based, take off and land?

• Like 1

North of Warsaw toward the german border are in reality a lot of lakes. In german language we call it the "Masurischen Seen". There are hundreds of lakes, smaller and bigger ones. The bigger ones could easily be used as sea plane base.

The Weichsel river is a big river too. At Warsaw area the Weichsel is 300 - 400 meters wide.  Its wide enough to land a seaplane.

• Like 1