Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Weapons editor items order

I used the weapons editor for SF2, moving some items in it, trying to group them by some criteria and then saving the changings I made. When I opened it again the order made previous was gone. Does it not keep track to the changings I previous made ? However I noticed that weapondata.ini, instead, if I save to it, it does keep the changings made. What is going on ? I remember that in SF1 what you saved in weapondata.ini stayed saved as a principle.

Edited by UllyB

Save to weapondata.ini but in different destination than weapons folder.then quit weaponeditor.go to your newly created file and manualy copy it to weapons folder. Then you will hav your desired weapons order. You have to do that each time when tinkering with weapons. Otherwise editor/game will delete saved weapondata.ini.

• Thanks 1

You hear my quiet voice and you want to sleep. Your eyelids are closing. You feel heaviness in your arms and legs. You feel your breath. It is smooth and rhythmic. FORGET weapondata.ini. !!! FORGET weapondata.ini! You open your eyes and wake up in a good mood. weapondata.ini no longer bothers you because you play in SF2 and not in SF1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, bazillius said:

......weapondata.ini no longer bothers ..............

No. You are wrong. As UllyB stated he wanted to have a specific order of weapons in weapon list. So in the loadout menu  - when you are arming your aircraft your weapons are sorted. For example first AA weapons, then AG weapons, then bombs, lgb bombs, fuel tanks, ecm pods, etc...Any order whatever. It is just an example.  I am personally doing this also.  I have wepons sorted my way not alphabetically. Because I like neat weapon list not scrambled. So I have first ecm, pods, aa weapons, ag missiles, bombs, lgb bombs..and so on...

But to do this you NEED weapon editor. And to have this you have to save weapondata.ini into a file but not in default location - Weapons folder.  Just save it into any other locations (perhaps desktop) - I have in my install folder named '0_weapondata' so it is always on top of folders - I save there, ini file. Quit weapon editor and copy weapondata.ini back to weapons folder. 

Other than that in my opinion editing weapons/copying/ creating a new ones is much much easier via weapon editor. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

No. You are wrong. As UllyB stated he wanted to have a specific order of weapons in weapon list. So in the loadout menu  - when you are arming your aircraft your weapons are sorted. For example first AA weapons, then AG weapons, then bombs, lgb bombs, fuel tanks, ecm pods, etc...Any order whatever. It is just an example.  I am personally doing this also.  I have wepons sorted my way not alphabetically. Because I like neat weapon list not scrambled. So I have first ecm, pods, aa weapons, ag missiles, bombs, lgb bombs..and so on...

But to do this you NEED weapon editor. And to have this you have to save weapondata.ini into a file but not in default location - Weapons folder.  Just save it into any other locations (perhaps desktop) - I have in my install folder named '0_weapondata' so it is always on top of folders - I save there, ini file. Quit weapon editor and copy weapondata.ini back to weapons folder. 

Other than that in my opinion editing weapons/copying/ creating a new ones is much much easier via weapon editor. 

You read my mind, I myself, couldn't put it better in words as you did. Thank you and ...nice to see you again friend.