I was wondering if there is any way to flatten the terrain without doing it individually?

and do I need to have only the area of the airbase the same height as the ones I have encircled? or I need to have the entire square like number 1?

5f9846595d3c9_Screenshot2020-10-27190519.thumb.jpg.ee3c26e5feea1f1313e1b70f27ef4dbb.jpg

how to make a specific tag set to 0?  as this makes all tag 0 

5f98479cb6a56_Screenshot2020-10-27191353.jpg.879525b30b08d0c6fff8a21cf73c9406.jpg

What is the meaning of all tag values appropriate do I need to set all hights to 81?

5f98479e69592_Screenshot2020-10-27191406.jpg.2eeac59bf5d62285e302a0a21f79c0b8.jpg

10 minutes ago, GKABS said:

how to make a specific tag set to 0?  as this makes all tag 0

Just select "all Tag values appropriate", and it will set all airbase tiles to 0, other land tiles to 1 and water tiles to 2. It's one function I had requested to gerwin. It works flawlessly, you do not have to do anything else.

I was wondering if there is any way to flatten the terrain without doing it individually?

No, you must do it individually. I did so for dozens of my terrains, in total hundreds of airbases, go figure.

and do I need to have only the area of the airbase the same height as the ones I have encircled? or I need to have the entire square like number 1?

No easy answer. Sometimes it's not needed, other times it creates issues as TFDtool does not give you the exact idea of how big your custom airbase is, and how each surrounding object is big and placed on the terrain. You must always double-check in-game if you want to flatten with pinpoint accuracy. Others will tell you that the Terrain Editor by TW is the best solution for flattening airbases, but it's bullshit, since that one creates huge, flat circular areas around airbases, thus ruining the geography of the real terrain.

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks Menrva :drinks:

13 minutes ago, Menrva said:

Just select "all Tag values appropriate", and it will set all airbase tiles to 0, other land tiles to 1 and water tiles to 2. It's one function I had requested to gerwin. It works flawlessly, you do not have to do anything else.

I did what you recommended but instead, it changed Ali AlSalim AB from 0 to 1 

before

5f984ef85825f_Screenshot2020-10-27194520.thumb.jpg.573f8325f5b632690541c4a60eae2004.jpg

after

5f984ef5875e7_Screenshot2020-10-27194322.thumb.jpg.79d02e554602da57915e7b8a35a61849.jpg

6 minutes ago, GKABS said:

I did what you recommended but instead, it changed Ali AlSalim AB from 0 to 1

That might happen rarely. Just manually edit it back to 0. Inside TFDtool.ini, find Modify_Tags and put it to 1; it enables you to manually change the tag value of the selected tile. It's all written in the included ReadMe file, TFDtool.htm.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 1

Many thanks, Menrva, sorry for my ignorance not going through the read me file.:ty:

Others will tell you that the Terrain Editor by TW is the best solution for flattening airbases, but it's bullshit, since that one creates huge, flat circular areas around airbases, thus ruining the geography of the real terrain.

don't remind me!!! :stars: iran iraq terrain come to mind -- that one airbase west of Teharn, that is (now) on a Lost World like plateau. or the AmericanNorthWest terrain -- ugggggghhh!!!

In a desert region like GKABS is working with, this would not be that big an issue. But on most terrains that are "hilly", the TE will mess things up.

that function above is one of the few things I actually use the TFD tool for.

• Haha 2

I hear you, doing the desert and it's mostly flat it made my finger ache for three days :lol:

• Like 1