Sign in to follow this  
Slant6

Razbam Banshee landing gear not carrier-friendly

Trying to Razbam's Banshee off of White Boy Samurai's CV14 carrier.  But the landing gear doesn't work right. Front wheel breaks off and wing gear won't retract. Is there a reason or fix for this? Thanks.

which mark? -2? -3? -4?

remember, there's nothing we can do about the physical model. All we can do is ini edits. 

it's possible of 2 things:

cat "throw" set too high (which REALLY shouldn't be fucked with for a myriad of reasons)

landing gear structrual strength too low.

don't forget, for KAW, there's the new one Veltro & I released a couple of months ago. May not catch the wire, but it takes a cat shot, and has no shadow issues

F2H-2. The early mark used in Korea. And I’m using the V2K banshee right now. Nice bird, and it’s carrier friendly. Just feel bad the one I paid for isn’t cutting it. At least I can use its cockpit.

At least I can use its cockpit.

note to self:

make cockpit ini for Raz's available for use on Veltro's. I wanted to do that before, but just plane forgetted!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FANATIC MODDER

View File F-2H Banshee (Razbam) Updated data pack
      F-2H Banshee Updated data pack v1.1
      This is a further update of the DATA.inis of the RAZBAM F-2H Banshee.
      In this updated data pack, there are changes in the data.ini, trying to achieve realistic performance specs.
      So changes are done in almost every aspect of the specs (weight, flightdata, engine thrust etc) for being as close to the real thing as possible.
      For using this pack you need to have downloaded first

- the original RAZBAM Banshee (Go to RAZBAM website for more details)
      - the Banshee Tweeks Pak -for Razbam Banshees of Wrench
      https://combatace.com/files/file/14889-sf2-kaw-f2h-2-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15415-sf2-f2h-3-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15417-sf2-f2h-4-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      Credis should go to
      - RAZBAM for the original release
      - Wrench for making this really usable in missions/campaings
      - Ravenclaw_007 for the AN-M30 bomb
      - Spillone for - at least - some of the sounds

Thoughts for further upgrades
      - The AltitudeTableNumData & DryMachTableNumData are really very limited and are restricting realism. Please give me help to correct them. DONE
      - The F2H-3 (F-2C) is without wingtip tanks but in reality all the -2,-3,-4 models had the capability of carrying wingtip tanks.
      I am planning to substitute the LOD of the -3 with the -4 model (since these two were identical externally) but for doing so I am waiting your feedback.DONE
      INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
      - Overwrite everything above v1.0. Place the banshee f2h4.LOD (which you can purchase from the RAZBAM website) in your F-2H3 folder.

What's new in v1.1
      - The Destroyed Model now it's the stock F-84F one.
      - The F3H-3 (F-2C) now uses the F3H-4 LOD. Indeed, the -3 also used more the wing tip tanks than not, since they had a minimal effect on overall performance.
      - Further updated engine data.
      - Corrected ground clearence for the F3H-2.
      - Corrected loadouts. Now the wing pylon can be loaded with bombs (historical).
      - Small touches here & there for better overall result.
      Issues
      - The -4 used a different radar than the -3 model that had also a different radar screen with different symbology (not a successful one, as it often mentioned).
      However, it seems that we have the -3 style radar screen for the - 4 model too.
      - In some sources it's stated that the -4 had 20% more range than the -3 model. I am not convinced for that.
      Most likely it had to do with the need for full throttle/max power more often than the -4 model
      in combat conditions, something which indeed reduced endurance. Therefore I kept the same radius for the -3 & -4 models.
      - The Canadians seldom used their wing tip tanks. I had a hard time to spot canadian F-2s with wing tip tanks when in actual service.
      The most likely explanation is that with the small canadian aircraft was too much to handle the take off of the approx. extra 1 ton of weight with the wingtips on the weak -3 model.
      If someone wants a tank-less RCN F-2, I can update the pack. However the final solution will be to add the tanks as loadouts.

sQUADRONS
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF73
      DisplayName=VF-73 Jesters
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF193
      DisplayName=VF-193 Ghostriders
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF870
      DisplayName=VF-870 of Royal Canadian Navy
      Nation=CANADA
      Remember this is a freeware!
      Submitter FANATIC MODDER Submitted 02/18/2018 Category ini File Edits  
    • By FANATIC MODDER
      F-2H Banshee Updated data pack v1.1
      This is a further update of the DATA.inis of the RAZBAM F-2H Banshee.
      In this updated data pack, there are changes in the data.ini, trying to achieve realistic performance specs.
      So changes are done in almost every aspect of the specs (weight, flightdata, engine thrust etc) for being as close to the real thing as possible.
      For using this pack you need to have downloaded first

- the original RAZBAM Banshee (Go to RAZBAM website for more details)
      - the Banshee Tweeks Pak -for Razbam Banshees of Wrench
      https://combatace.com/files/file/14889-sf2-kaw-f2h-2-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15415-sf2-f2h-3-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      https://combatace.com/files/file/15417-sf2-f2h-4-banshee-tweeks-pak-for-razbam-banshees/
      Credis should go to
      - RAZBAM for the original release
      - Wrench for making this really usable in missions/campaings
      - Ravenclaw_007 for the AN-M30 bomb
      - Spillone for - at least - some of the sounds

Thoughts for further upgrades
      - The AltitudeTableNumData & DryMachTableNumData are really very limited and are restricting realism. Please give me help to correct them. DONE
      - The F2H-3 (F-2C) is without wingtip tanks but in reality all the -2,-3,-4 models had the capability of carrying wingtip tanks.
      I am planning to substitute the LOD of the -3 with the -4 model (since these two were identical externally) but for doing so I am waiting your feedback.DONE
      INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
      - Overwrite everything above v1.0. Place the banshee f2h4.LOD (which you can purchase from the RAZBAM website) in your F-2H3 folder.

What's new in v1.1
      - The Destroyed Model now it's the stock F-84F one.
      - The F3H-3 (F-2C) now uses the F3H-4 LOD. Indeed, the -3 also used more the wing tip tanks than not, since they had a minimal effect on overall performance.
      - Further updated engine data.
      - Corrected ground clearence for the F3H-2.
      - Corrected loadouts. Now the wing pylon can be loaded with bombs (historical).
      - Small touches here & there for better overall result.
      Issues
      - The -4 used a different radar than the -3 model that had also a different radar screen with different symbology (not a successful one, as it often mentioned).
      However, it seems that we have the -3 style radar screen for the - 4 model too.
      - In some sources it's stated that the -4 had 20% more range than the -3 model. I am not convinced for that.
      Most likely it had to do with the need for full throttle/max power more often than the -4 model
      in combat conditions, something which indeed reduced endurance. Therefore I kept the same radius for the -3 & -4 models.
      - The Canadians seldom used their wing tip tanks. I had a hard time to spot canadian F-2s with wing tip tanks when in actual service.
      The most likely explanation is that with the small canadian aircraft was too much to handle the take off of the approx. extra 1 ton of weight with the wingtips on the weak -3 model.
      If someone wants a tank-less RCN F-2, I can update the pack. However the final solution will be to add the tanks as loadouts.

sQUADRONS
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF73
      DisplayName=VF-73 Jesters
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF193
      DisplayName=VF-193 Ghostriders
      Nation=USN
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=VF870
      DisplayName=VF-870 of Royal Canadian Navy
      Nation=CANADA
      Remember this is a freeware!
    • By Jon_Beers
      just a couple ?z (SF1 08 patch level)
      1> In some terrains I can't take off from my aircraft carrier though it works in other terrains. Is there an easy terrain fix 4 that?
      (The plane(s) always crash immediately at start of mission.
      Also, on some large aircraft (in this case the B-1B mod) the plane is difficult 2 control and wants to roll in one direction all the time. The stability prob in large aircraft makes for Ais having trouble staying in formation. Not 2 mention annoying me. The B-1 in question seems to have way 2 much inertia in pitch or inadequate stability as in too small of control surfaces or something. To correct the roll prob in other planes I have incremented I think the cpd (something like that) value in the data.ini file. I believe I have a doc for this site with some explanation on the data file.
      2> Does anyone have a complete list of what each value in the aircraft data file does? Especially, has anyone had trouble flying large planes ias described and have found a fix???
      (I have looked 4 answers, just would like to get a quick answer if possible, instead of meticulously solving the prob myself.)
      ALSO...I have almost completed my 'F-4S'  for uploading. Has corrected skins and a few more things. Prob be a few more days as getting everything right is painfully slow and tedious. ( I think I damaged my ass from sitting in front of a computer so long. Did I mention I used to be a database admin? With remote control software I found I didn't actually move much at all from my office ie to the server room or to help and end user [ it was a small biz...I had to do all kinds of stuff. ] )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..