I'm just returning to SF:WO Series after quite a break and I cam here to Combat ACE to get the last patch and Weapons Pack for WOE plus a few planes just to keep me busy. I registered and attempted to download the October WOE patch, it goes through the download process then when it's 100% done it tells me the download Failed as I have insufficient permission. I then tried the Weapons Pack and a few planes, all with the same results then I run out of downloads as I'm limited to 5 a day. Anyone have this issue, any fix or different site I can go to. I'm wanting the last patch, weapons pack, F-4G, RF-4C, F-16, F-105G for WOE.

Thanks to Erik Thompson, I believe I got the source of the download error figured out and hopefully corrected. I'll have to wait till tomorrow and my next 5 downloads to see if it works. Is there any other sites for WOE Files or are they all gone?

5 hours ago, russouk2004 said:

not sure buddy with the SF1 stuff

Well, I may need to upgrade to SF2 then....

its worth it...you can with some slight work bring some of the sf1 stuff into sf2 also..

2 minutes ago, russouk2004 said:

its worth it...you can with some slight work bring some of the sf1 stuff into sf2 also..

I will probably upgrade but SF1 WOE is what I have for now so I'll play it till I can get SF2. Thanks for the info.

Well apparently whatever is wrong wasn't solved. I picked a different location for the file to be save to and still get a failure at the end, I tried downloading through Internet Explorer and Google Chrome with the same results.

Does anyone have the October 2008 WOE Patch and latest Weapon Pack they could send me so I can atleast play my Yankee Air Pirates Missions till I can get SF2?

Original Report: Google Chrome Download Failing with Error, "Failed- Insufficient Permissions"

I generally don't help with computer configuration issues because they are too vast to guess at without the machine being physically present, but I'll try

The error message "Failed- Insufficient Permissions" when downloading is a permissions issue and happens on any site or any file. The cause is most likely due to an antivirus or security suite running on your machine which has changed folder permissions. Please follow along and report if you're unable to complete a step.

1. OPEN GOOGLE CHROME
    1. Select the Top Right "3 Dot" Menu Button > Click Settings - Your Chrome Settings Page will open.  -or- (Tap Alt Tap Spacebar to open Menu)  
    2. In the Top SEARCH Field next to the eyeglass type "download". In the result below look toward the bottom of the page and Chrome will show "Location" followed by the folder. For our example we will use C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\Downloads" make note of this location, you may edit that location by clicking edit now but make note of the new location when you're done.
  2. OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORER
    1. Windows Button + E
    2. In the TOP address bar, that shows your current location where Explorer opened, place your mouse in a blank area of address box and left click in it
    3. Now type the CHROME DOWNLOAD LOCATION that you made note of in Part 1:2 Above (C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\Downloads) but leave off the last folder "Downloads". For our example we would type in the address bar C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop + Enter
    4. Scroll down the folders that appears until you find the final folder "Downloads" + Right Click and Select Properties (A Properties Window will pop up)
    5. IN PROPERTIES WINDOW > Select "Security" > Under Group or User Name left click your user to highlight + Edit for the Edit Screen. (In our Example we would use  "MyUser" + Edit)
    6. IN SECURITY WINDOW > Select SYSTEM > Verify the SYSTEM is set to "Allow" in all actions and save if necessary or don't change if already set.
    7. IN SECURITY WINDOW > Select Your User > Verify the Your User is set to "Allow" in all actions and save if necessary or don't change if already set. (This is where I suspect your settings will differ)
    8. Finally check the Administrators permissions the same as you did above with Your User and System, change as necessary to allow.
    9. Save on Exit if you made changes to permissions or Cancel if you made no changes.
  3. ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD A FILE
  4. CLOSE OPEN WINDOWS + RESTART
    1. Open your browser and download something to verify the settings are correct.
    2. Report back when finished.

If you decide to use another browser like Firefox or Microsoft Edge make sure their download location is set to the same location as your Chrome Location and you should be able to download in all your browser. If you decide to change your browser location repeat Step 2: OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORER over again for the new folder. Lastly I would check your security suite or antivirus there's probably a setting somewhere that is quarantining your download folder to prevent you from downloading unexpected malware on the internet. You can google how to disable that feature for your specific product and generally speaking it is in the "Internet Security" or "Browser Security" section of the software for what they call "safe internet browsing".

Erik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erik said:

Original Report: Google Chrome Download Failing with Error, "Failed- Insufficient Permissions"

I generally don't help with computer configuration issues because they are too vast to guess at without the machine being physically present, but I'll try

The error message "Failed- Insufficient Permissions" when downloading is a permissions issue and happens on any site or any file. The cause is most likely due to an antivirus or security suite running on your machine which has changed folder permissions. Please follow along and report if you're unable to complete a step.

1. OPEN GOOGLE CHROME
    1. Select the Top Right "3 Dot" Menu Button > Click Settings - Your Chrome Settings Page will open.  -or- (Tap Alt Tap Spacebar to open Menu)  
    2. In the Top SEARCH Field next to the eyeglass type "download". In the result below look toward the bottom of the page and Chrome will show "Location" followed by the folder. For our example we will use C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\Downloads" make note of this location, you may edit that location by clicking edit now but make note of the new location when you're done.
  2. OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORER
    1. Windows Button + E
    2. In the TOP address bar, that shows your current location where Explorer opened, place your mouse in a blank area of address box and left click in it
    3. Now type the CHROME DOWNLOAD LOCATION that you made note of in Part 1:2 Above (C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\Downloads) but leave off the last folder "Downloads". For our example we would type in the address bar C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop + Enter
    4. Scroll down the folders that appears until you find the final folder "Downloads" + Right Click and Select Properties (A Properties Window will pop up)
    5. IN PROPERTIES WINDOW > Select "Security" > Under Group or User Name left click your user to highlight + Edit for the Edit Screen. (In our Example we would use  "MyUser" + Edit)
    6. IN SECURITY WINDOW > Select SYSTEM > Verify the SYSTEM is set to "Allow" in all actions and save if necessary or don't change if already set.
    7. IN SECURITY WINDOW > Select Your User > Verify the Your User is set to "Allow" in all actions and save if necessary or don't change if already set. (This is where I suspect your settings will differ)
    8. Finally check the Administrators permissions the same as you did above with Your User and System, change as necessary to allow.
    9. Save on Exit if you made changes to permissions or Cancel if you made no changes.
  3. ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD A FILE
  4. CLOSE OPEN WINDOWS + RESTART
    1. Open your browser and download something to verify the settings are correct.
    2. Report back when finished.

If you decide to use another browser like Firefox or Microsoft Edge make sure their download location is set to the same location as your Chrome Location and you should be able to download in all your browser. If you decide to change your browser location repeat Step 2: OPEN WINDOWS EXPLORER over again for the new folder. Lastly I would check your security suite or antivirus there's probably a setting somewhere that is quarantining your download folder to prevent you from downloading unexpected malware on the internet. You can google how to disable that feature for your specific product and generally speaking it is in the "Internet Security" or "Browser Security" section of the software for what they call "safe internet browsing".

Erik

I've done this, with no luck as the error has now changed to "Forbidden" so I don't know what else to do. I'm going to try some SF2 files today and see if they work better or not, I've downloaded other files from other sites but have a problem here on this site.

I truly appreciate your assistance with this.