Sign in to follow this  
lofty_c

MF7, MF 11 won't move for takeoff?

pretty much just that - I"m late to the party, and now finally trying the subject planes, but they won't move when I throttle up, as if there are brakes/chocks.  (it seems basic, and I tried a search , but maybe my words were wrong).  I reinstalled, but no change, so I assume the package is good, and different terrains as well, no change.

Usually the "B" key sets/releases brakes.

Do the games' default planes take off with no problems?

all other planes work properly, stock and add-on, and I tried B, alone and w/shift and ctrl. (and random banging on a bunch of other keys, if you can imagine!).  

In 90% of cases where the WW1 types won't budge on application of throttle, there's a problem with the rolling coefficient values either for the left/right wheels, or the tail-skid. Those have been changed in my FM update packs whenever necessary - there are tweaked FMs available in the big (ver. 9.9) pack for the Longhorn and Shorthorn too - maybe check those over and see if they "un-stick" on application of throttle. Both types are underpowered as historical but should move - takes a while to get them rolling but eventually they are fine. I'll double-check the Long/Shorthorns in my pack later today just in case - currently still tweaking the Bleriot XI FM for the model Swambast is working on. (Technically, brakes should not be available on these types - maybe they are in some of the stock FMs but otherwise no brakes in WW1.) The modded Long-Shorthorn FMs also remove the old, blocky pilots and observers and replace them with Stephen's much nicer pilot/observer combo (see pic. in link): https://combatace.com/forums/topic/92692-i-have-problem-with-stephens-farman-hf20-unarmed/?tab=comments#comment-748962

Von S :smile:

• Like 1

ahh, I was hoping it was something like that;  That did the trick; thanks for the help guys!

• Like 1