Polovski

BH&H 2 Screenshots and Movies Thread

On 7/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, Rick Rawlings said:

Nice work! I definitely prefer to admire the Parasol from afar...

I don't blame you there Rick! I'm sticking with the squadron assigned Bristol Fighter for as along as I can... the parasol is a handful!

On 7/14/2022 at 12:42 PM, TROOPER117 said:

Very nice!

Thanks Trooper! Hope you are on the mend!

An intense little encounter while on patrol in my Alb DII with some Spad VIIs over a friendly air base.    They managed to down a balloon but it cost them. 

So I've been splitting my flight time between WOFF and the new Microsoft Flight Simulator and my jaw hit the desk last night playing through my 1915 British campaign. As our patrol of Bristol's headed out I could see the cloud cover break and the small village below. MSFS uses a technique they call Photogrammetry, which creates some genuinely convincing images of the ground. It's surreal to fly over your own home as the sim models the weather just outside your door. But for a 20+ year old game engine to do the same thing - to essentially create 1915 Photogrammetry? I'm genuinely astonished! It's hard to complete missions because I keep pausing the sim to take more screenshots!

Shot08-03-22-20-35-37.jpg

Shot08-03-22-20-35-53.jpg

Shot08-03-22-20-37-07.jpg

• Like 1

Great pictures CaptSopwith. I must say the scenery in all those looks excellent but the last pic looks especially good, WM did a superb job.

Edited by Polovski

Was patrolling over the Ypres battlefield (3rd one).  Was very impressed by all that was going on at the same time.  Ground bombardment, infantry attack you can't see from this height without labels, Archie fire, rain and you can see lightening striking in the distance (love the lightening).  On top of all that, we (Jasta 18) are about to be attacked by some Nieuport 27s.  Amazing!

3rd Ypres Nov 1917.jpg

• Like 2

They're not on the screenshot.  I had everything paused to take the shot, then when I came back to the cockpit view I had Nieuports up my butt.  Just relaying how many things are going on at once here.

I think Rick as asking what happened in the scrap between you and the Nieups.

Jumped on the back of a Lord who was trying to get away and murdered him...set him on fire...my usual Knight of the Air thing.

This has been collecting dust for waaaaay too long. Here are some gorgeous photos I took this morning while on my first mission with 1 RNAS. Enjoy!

Shot09-30-23-09-42-33.jpg

Shot09-30-23-09-47-00.jpg

Shot09-30-23-09-53-06.jpg

Shot09-30-23-09-55-24.jpg

Shot09-30-23-10-15-46.jpg

Any group that can fly that tight a formation through clouds can handle some pesky Nieuports. Excellent work nonetheless...

Also, I dig that b*tching Alpine sound system you had installed in the Einy... I think the propulsion of the sub woofer gave you a fortuitous extra 5-7kph!

Also also, love the last minute "Uhh, am I going the right way?" glance at the compass! First rate all around! What happened to your wingmen?

CaptSopwith, missed that pic the first time. That's quite a crew you got there! Who's leading who?

• Haha 1

Not 100% sure what happened to my wingmen, lost sight of them trying to maintain height over that Nieuport. They certainly didn't stick around to help haha. Hopefully I can get in a more capable machine soon before the anti fokker scourge brings an end to me.