Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

d3d8 ini file adjustments...

I've been trying to alter my d3d8 ini file to increase the steps and speed of my zoom control.

I make the adjustments, save the file but when I go into the game nothing has changed... when I check the file again it has reverted to default.

Is there a step I have missed?

Any help appreciated chaps.  :dntknw:

Just got in and firing the PC up to have a nosy Troop..If I remember correctly it’s in 2 separate places, the main WOFF directory and is it in the Shaders 30 or scenery folder aswell, I think it’s in one of those that it needs to be saved? 

Edit :it is it zoom control using mouse mate or keyboard/joystick buttons.?

Edit: WOFFScenery then in shaders folder..try in there :good:

Edited by Adger

It's for joystick buttons mate... I was using the one in the main directory.

I'll have a dig around and see what I can find  :)

If you find files reverting back (changed by WOFF as the sim. loads) - you might find that recreating the relevant folder paths, and loading the modified files instead via JSGME might do the trick. A JSGME side-load works to keep intact the d3d8 settings included in my WOFF GPU Tuner Patch (throw out those d3d8 settings from my Patch, by the way, before loading it via JSGME, if you are using your own d3d8 settings in WOFF). I'll have to try the JSGME trick with the simulation.xml file in my FrankenWOFF install too - to see if I can lock custom turbulence/wind settings in place that way, since they are changed either by WOFF or JJJ's multimod.

Happy flying (modded or stock, or FrankenWOFFed :biggrin:),

Von S

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TROOPER117 said:

It's for joystick buttons mate... I was using the one in the main directory.

I'll have a dig around and see what I can find  :)

Is it in Workshop settings mate? Your joystick buttons on zoom in/ out..click on advanced and change from 0 to 2 ( I could be wrong) that’s what I’ve done with mine Trooper.

• Like 1

Working a treat now... I went into the WOFF folder, then WOFFScenery then Shaders... I found the zoom in/out steps and zoom speed in there.

Thanks for the help  :smile:

• Thanks 1

Indeed d3d8.ini WOFFScenery\shaders for that Trooper117, it overwrites the one in the main root every time.

• Like 1