Sign in to follow this  
epower

Graphic anomaly?

Low mist and rain conditions for a 0445 dawn patrol on April 14, 1918.  Flying from Bertangles West.

Was seeing what the 'other' General Haig might describe as the Vortex of Clarity.  Specifically, a circle clear view whereas the rest of my vision was misted.

Screens attached.

60772c474a26b_VortexofClarity.thumb.jpg.85a01081fc9fa8ef530be44777481f2f.jpg

60772cb65c2b8_Vortexfromcockpit.thumb.jpg.a4fe46a072c63f3d26859a39bac1d679.jpg

Edited by epower
additional pic

Hi epower, yep Albert posted about it on Simhq, I’ve also noticed it but only on 1 occasion. Pol,s seen it il quote him

“  it's how the sim engine renders that particular effect with certain conditions currently.”   Hopefully Pol and WM can get to the bottom of what causes it in certain weather conditions.

Thanks Adger.  I wasn't sure if this was the same phenomenon.  I can always put it down to some sort of refractive aberration created by an oil droplet on the goggles.

Another graphics/skin anomaly to report - I think a similar skin oddity (with a Halberstadt) was maybe covered/remedied in one of the skins posts (maybe on SimHQ?) - but I can't find the relevant thread now. See pic. below - this is by the way with no mods. loaded, quick combat, skin is for Esc 38, Nieuport 17, 1917, Georges Madon (the 1916 N.17 skin for Madon is fine). I am on patch 1.07 of BH&H2 by the way - maybe this was fixed in 1.08 - will double-check in the future once a 1.09 patch, etc., come out - minor really, but wanted to mention it. (No extra skins have been installed - this is with the stock skins supplied with BH&H2.)

EDIT: Have done some more testing - this anomaly may be resolved by deleting the skin called "Off_nieuport17_Lewis_ace_t_Esc 38 1917_Georges Felix_Madon" and renaming the "Off_nieuport17_Lewis_ace_t_Esc 38 1916_Georges Felix_Madon" to "Off_nieuport17_Lewis_ace_t_Esc 38 1917_Georges Felix_Madon."

Cheers all,

Von S :smile:

esc38nieup17Madon.thumb.jpg.b35ca9d97688df4d92ecdb0958f832d4.jpg

Edited by VonS
Found a solution to the problem.

Seems that skin is not a N17 skin for some reason - thanks.