I saw this (Warthunder Hun, YT vid, I don't have it myself to dig onto it):

60caf001a408b_Capturadepantalla(178).thumb.png.af83a26243cc127e0935ad03112920ab.png

And i liked it, so I made this:

img00130.thumb.JPG.bba51c7c868c43675c89e5931975daf2.JPG

But I'm wondering if it was like that in real life, the only other gunsight i could see seemed from the stubby tail early As and it looked just like the F-86s, while this one looks closer to WW2 sights, but I found them to be pretty useful.

Edited by macelena
Took a better screenshot
  • Like 2

Good question............what is the source for their Gunsight?

I don't have any images but it is described as being a centre dot and an outer circle of ten Diamond shaped dots for the C.

60ccc1994e476_F-100CGunsight1.JPG.62a46287295c7333f6fd626699ca2668.JPG

From an A manual but corresponds to the number of diamonds.

Gunsight2.JPG.3c1f0dbedb09b6f93fa9e62baf6ed9c2.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot. I had seen another like these, but i couldn't really tell which was what. The other (Warthunder) reminded me of a late WW2 sight, while this one really looks more like the one on an F-86. 

like the K-14 reticle on Mustangs, etal??

1 hour ago, Wrench said:

like the K-14 reticle on Mustangs, etal??

Yes, the thing is I didn't bother doing the same to the Mustang ingame, I don't play with it much if any at all. I might like to deal with everything Hun but torque? Beyond me.

Now that i looked after it, looks like the War Thunder devs did the same to the F-86 and gave it a K-14esque sight. I like it but it feels wrong knowing it wasn't that way. 

On 6/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, macelena said:

But I'm wondering if it was like that in real life, the only other gunsight i could see seemed from the stubby tail early As and it looked just like the F-86s, while this one looks closer to WW2 sights, but I found them to be pretty useful.

Yep, they used K-14 (UK GGS) type reticle. The closed (also broken) circle can be blanked out leaving only the + mark.
The circle is used for aim-off in the bombing mode (and in the caged sight mode), the diamonds reticle for rocket mode.
I have made a improved Hunter sight of that type some time ago, based on some UK manual or doc.

The A-4 sight in the F-100 has a 10-diamonds reticle, have made one as well , update for the F-86's and the F-100 too.
Already in Dec. 2012 :blink:

F-100D.7z

F-100D_64.7z

F-100D_68.7z

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crusader said:

Yep, they used K-14 (UK GGS) type reticle. The closed (also broken) circle can be blanked out leaving only the + mark.
The circle is used for aim-off in the bombing mode (and in the caged sight mode), the diamonds reticle for rocket mode.
I have made a improved Hunter sight of that type some time ago, based on some UK manual or doc.

The A-4 sight in the F-100 has a 10-diamonds reticle, have made one as well , update for the F-86's and the F-100 too.
Already in Dec. 2012 :blink:

F-100D.7z

F-100D_64.7z

F-100D_68.7z

Thanks a lot, will try as soon as possible