Ok guys, I have a object showing in max as having 2,753 polys and 3,966 vertices but once exported I'm getting a Mesh Max: (6594 polys, 19782 verts) total in the .out file.

The object shows up fine in Mue's lod viewer but not in game for some reason......I thought the mesh max was something like 5000 polys so I dont know which is right here..

I can be wrong here, but the 5k limit is close - you can be slightly above but not by much. I think only you have to look at the number the exporter generates in the .out file as for some reason or parameter it doubles the poly count compared to what the mesh itself has in 3dsmax. 
For example, I made a mesh that 2522 (2592 faces) vertices in 3dsmax, when exported the poly count is 5040, in the out file. Your mesh is 6594, that is probably a bit much, for the game itself. The lod viewer does not have a mesh vertices limitation for displaying as I think it uses a bit different graphic "system/method" compared to what was implemented in the game.
Not sure if your mesh can be simplified or to not loose any detail split into smaller sections so the vertice count comes down to the range of 2500 in 3dsmax, then should show up in game OK. I know inconvenient, but these are our only options to work within the game engine limitations.

The 19782 comes from a texture being assigned to the mesh and it is exported with "decals" option of the exporter, that part does not limit or influence any displaying regarding poly/vertice count as far as I have noticed.

Since I'm not the most experienced around here, please take it with a grain of salt, as I can be off the truth..

Edited by logan4

Maybe you have polys that are in top of each other and they are not welded.  Try to select all polys and click weld (set the value for the distance to 0.001) and that should weld everything and keep the model same shape and size try that I might be wrong. 

Edited by GKABS

Thanks gent's I'll give them a try.