Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Weapons Loadout start dates... is it possible?

ok, so i know you can create seperate entries to represent different years like Strike_61 vs

but can we put a default start date in like with the skins. something that might look like

Strike
Loadout[01].WeaponType=MK15
Loadout[01].Quantity=1

[Strike_61]
SetDefaultStartDate=1961<--------------------------------------- this or something similar
Loadout[01].WeaponType=MK39_3M
Loadout[01].Quantity=1

am i in the right ball park, or thinking of something left field enough to not work?

Edited by daddyairplanes

Of course you can! Where have you been? We've done it on ODS 30AE to enable given loadouts on specific days of the conflict. Even the B-52G you reworked for the mod should be using specific loadouts at given dates. More details on the parameters available for the loadout.ini here: https://combatace.com/forums/topic/78200-mig-31bm-mini-update-pack/?tab=comments#comment-755029

The site's search bar is incredibly powerful, with few key words you can soon find an answer.

• Thanks 1

thank you. that post did point me back out to the exact phrasing i need.

you know i thought i had done that. but looked up my copy (G_89), not the one in ODS (G_90). just getting older and have a bit on plate is all

and i know about the search bar. i've ignored it for years :biggrin:. but seriously, did look in knowledge base and a couple mods i thought had it before posting. knowledge base doesnt have this entry, will see if i can get it added

Edited by daddyairplanes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Menrva said:

The site's search bar is incredibly powerful, with few key words you can soon find an answer.

On the contrary, I always search for an answer on the site for a long time and tediously, and I get a bunch of irrelevant links. And I always annoy aloud that it would be better to do a search by category much better

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1

loadout by date is even used on stock 3W birds, ever since NA came out. Check the loadout inis for the Intruder, for example (A-6E & TRAMs)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

loadout by date is even used on stock 3W birds, ever since NA came out. Check the loadout inis for the Intruder, for example (A-6E & TRAMs)

didnt even realize that, although makes sense. the capability had to be there to get realized in mods. again, i did a search of what i could think of that might have it and came up dry before asking

did look in the knowledge base first, did not see mention in either thread on custom loadouts about dates.  added a post bringing it up. waiting on moderator approval (nudge nudge other Kevin :biggrin:)

• Haha 1