Sign in to follow this  
Eagle114th

Problems with SF2 (Windows 11 and black screen)

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new gaming laptop to replace my broken, aging laptop.  This one comes with Windows 11 preinstalled.  Have anyone solved the problems with the black screen when starting modded SF2?  

When I launched SF2 (Non-modded), the main menu was loaded.  However, if I run SF2 with mods, it gets stuck in the black screen after the splash screen.

I am using the 12th intel CPU with RTX 3080Ti.  I have installed the latest driver.  

Any advice is appreciated. 

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Sad 1

First suggest you take the mods out and add them back one at a time - to narrow down what is causing it.

Yes it will take some time.

• Like 1

I figured out how to get it working.  In order to fix the black screen, I had to do this:

- Run any modded SF2 for the first time WITHOUT modifying saved files (option.ini) for the first time.
- After running it for the first time, I modified the option to point the location of modded SF2 folder to an external SSD where all SF2 installation are.

Now I am able to fly modded SF2 without problems.  When you move to the new computer or laptop, you had to run .exe for the first time before changing option.ini.  If not, you might get black screen like I did.

Cheers

• Like 1

I see, as I have issues too with not letting it create an options.ini or version.ini. I used to back them up with my backups and now I don't do that every time I have to reinstall the mods.

5 hours ago, EricJ said:

I see, as I have issues too with not letting it create an options.ini or version.ini. I used to back them up with my backups and now I don't do that every time I have to reinstall the mods.

I see.  if you do not want to reinstall mods when moving to the new computer or laptop, you can let SF2 run .exe and create option.ini first.  Then change option.ini to point to the location of your modded SF2.  Then it will work.  That way you do not have to re-install mods from scratch again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

I figured out

Its on every windows from XP to 10. i say more. If you dont run first time without mods you can ruine your mode collextion. The game will overwrite your some moded aircrafts with default ones

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, bazillius said:

Its on every windows from XP to 10. i say more. If you dont run first time without mods you can ruine your mode collextion. The game will overwrite your some moded aircrafts with default ones

That is noted.  I will make sure to move my SF2 modded folders out of the way before running SF2.  Then move them back and replace default files.  Thank you for the warning.  Looks like I may have to reinstall KAW mod and that won't take that long.

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th