Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Razbam mods for sf series and cfs 2

Hi folks. Inquiring about the razbam mods for sf series. I cannot remember which sf1 or 2 as this was ages ago. i bought them at the time and cant find my cd. It was his banshee mod and i think a-7 or 6 along with had a really good engine sound. Does anyone know how to get them? or are they freeware by now. i padi for them at the time.

good luck with that. Razbam no longer sells them. ALL his products are payware, which is why you won't find them anywhere. You might try emailing him; but don't expect anything.

• Like 1

I have all of the Razbam SFP1/WoX/SF2 aircraft payware mods. I believe they are available for purchase again on the new website. The only problems they cause are with shadows, which can only be solved by turning them off. I generally prefer the Razbam 3d models and cockpits to any others available, even some of the more recent releases. Most of the releases were for SFP1/WoX, but aside from the shadow problem, work fine with SF2. I think the F-102 was the only one specifically made for SF2. There are some files available here on CombatAce to improve/revise them. As most people still flying SF2 don't have the Razbam releases, it is easier to use any/all freeware public releases for compatibility with missions/campaigns made in recent history and given the age of the sim, it makes it questionable to spend money on such old, obsolete software. At one point Razbam intended to provide an update to fix the shadow problems for SF2, but they never followed through. I can't blame them as even TK abandoned SF2 for greener pastures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A million thanks for the heads up on the resurrection of the Razbam site. I have purchased the F2H Banshee for the cockpit and am delighted to get it. Now I can have fun tweaking it. Cheers!

• Like 1

The F2H-2 model is quite nice, too. A very accurate shape and you should be able to find updates to the ini files and skin packs on this website supporting Korean Air War 2.

Thank you Streakeagle.

Having flown Wrench's V2K Banshee, I was a little disappointed in the Razbam flight model. It's a bit lumpy by comparison. I also tried the F2H-3, and you can't remain in the air at carrier landing speed.

So I put the Razbam cockpit in Wrench's aircraft and everything is tickety boo. Apart from the fact that the Razbam cockpit is missing a few instruments. The dials are there but the working needles aren't. Distance Readout and Wet compass are significantly not there.

Still, if everything was perfect first time around, you wouldn't have the fun of solving problems.

• Like 1