Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Are coded light beacons possible?

As i have learned it in my military time: In peacetime is an airfield illuminated at night. But in wartime it is all dark. With two exceptions.

One exception is the Codeleuchtfeuer, coded light beacon ( i hope this is the right english term), which is placed 1.000 meters in front of the runway.

So it looked:

Bild2Codeleuchtfeuer.jpg.3972da474a7cec7060043d328c815c09.jpgBild3Codeleuchtfeuer.thumb.jpg.36f79164743e06e1d551e4c03df083a7.jpg

BildCodeleuchtfeuer.jpg.b15d0924653d17e681192dc0a5f2f683.jpg

The other exception were landing searchlights, mounted on lorries, or trucks, if i use the american term.

My question: Is it possible to create such illuminated vehicles in the SF2 world?

i believe some folks have done things as far as lighthouses and other buildings with lights

push come to shove, could you just have your truck as a small building?

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

i believe some folks have done things as far as lighthouses and other buildings with lights

push come to shove, could you just have your truck as a small building?

I would use them as normal groundobject in a terrain, like factories or other buildings.

ground object with emitter effect - 

interesting idea.

on Zil-130 - I might have something like this :wink:

maybe guuruu can fix the emitter for it.

• Like 3

we've had trucks with working headlights. unfortunately, they're on all the time; day or night. IIRC, Pasko did those (zil????)