GKABS

Need help with animating the parachute

I am trying to add the parachute to the su-35 I do everything and it works perfectly in 3ds max, but when I export it's still the original size which is the small one that fit inside the parachute compartment.

What I have been doing is I place the chute were it's supposed to be then I do the first animation key (1) then I use the rescaling and scale it to the correct size than hit the animation key again (10), in 3ds Max it works but in the lod viewer it doesn't. I have tried to the xform after I did the rescaling but the same problem exists any help in this subject would be highly appreciated gentlemen.

Ps. I did the chute before when I did the nuclear bomb, somehow I forget how I did it.

Edited by GKABS

I think it has to to created like an afterburner can would be......& for the life of me I cant remember the process at the moment.....:stars:

Sorry to be of no use whatsoever....:pilotfly:

• Like 1

in 3d max check, KeyFIlters should be 'on' scale ...or all to make sure.

Do not scale mesh. You should open mesh on vertex select all vertex - start animation Key set to (1)  - move to key (10)  - scale (and move)  vertexes to required (100%) size hit set key on 10. close mesh. Should work.

Also, the mesh should be ready. Do not attempt to edit polys, vertexes, or anything after the animation is set - otherwise, the animation will be lost. Even simply going to UVmaping menu after animation will reset and screw the animation. You can only edit via modifiers - edit poly/mesh.

Do not mind lod viewer - in many cases, it will not show animation properly. You have to test animation in-game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you gentlemen for your replies, I will write this on a note so I don't forget it and pin it to the desktop.:pilotfly:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GKABS said:

Thank you gentlemen for your replies, I will write this on a note so I don't forget it and pin it to the desktop.:pilotfly:

I want to remind you your topick, may be it can remind to you how to

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

Also, the mesh should be ready. Do not attempt to edit polys, vertexes, or anything after the animation is set - otherwise, the animation will be lost.

This way my problem. :pardon:Thanks @yakarov79 :good:

• Like 1