Sign in to follow this  
AcariaPlainum

How to add Pylons to an Aircraft by fake pilot method?

Hey im trying to add pylons to an aircraft with the fake pilot method but i dont know how to do it does anyone have some knowledge on it or some advice and examples?

For Wolf's P-47D Razorback. The pylons were never mapped, so I did this...

This should give you some idea .... no parts included, just "text". Ignore the "remove/hide" statements, as those are for the removal of the unmapped original pylons.

You should be able to figure it out from there

Also curious. WHICH airplane needs additional pylons??? And Why?

kj-P-47D_DATA.ini

• Like 2

Many aircrafts have wrong pylons or not good quality or have no pylons for some special weapons so i understand the reason in adding. But i know only one way. To do it in a max file of a model. So i will read answers with interest too

• Like 1

Aircraft MiG-17PFU which we have on site (i believe) have fake pilot pylons for AA-1A missiles.

i see this strings in DATA ini

[Fuselage]
....skipped.....
SystemName[006]=PFU

[PFU]
PilotModelName=FakePilot
SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT
Position=0.0,0.0,0.0
SeatModelName=MiG-17PFU_rails_mod
SeatPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

But how to place it right in 3d max world coordinates in 3d view i dont know and i am too lazy to find it out. How to modell i know but how to place it right... if some brave person write step by step tutorial (WITH PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) it will be the best thing which happen since times when our galaxy appeared from gas cloud by gravity

Edited by bazillius

How looks aircraft in stock

Clipboard0ghh.jpg

How looks its fakepilot pylons

Clipboard01fake.jpg

how it looks in real life

16-1.jpg

How it looks in our lovely favorite best in the world gamem which are loved by everybody here from oll its sides many times a day

7822d284a9abbf1d2ae5de43c84403c4-img0013

• Like 1

so we r waiting for a brave, selfless, self-denying, proud but simple in communication modder who knows how to do this will write us a tutorial

I am a pylon fetishist. I think a lot of people have already noticed this. Let's do a coming out. Who else gets turned and getting excited by the sight of the right pylons over the right weapon?

• Haha 2

On 11.12.2022 at 6:01 PM, Wrench said:

For Wolf's P-47D Razorback. The pylons were never mapped, so I did this...

This should give you some idea .... no parts included, just "text". Ignore the "remove/hide" statements, as those are for the removal of the unmapped original pylons.

You should be able to figure it out from there

Also curious. WHICH airplane needs additional pylons??? And Why?

kj-P-47D_DATA.ini

Im trying to fix the Mig 35 and also want to make an F15 EX

16 hours ago, bazillius said:

Many aircrafts have wrong pylons or not good quality or have no pylons for some special weapons so i understand the reason in adding. But i know only one way. To do it in a max file of a model. So i will read answers with interest too

Whats a max file model?

3 hours ago, AcariaPlainum said:

Whats a max file model?

When author decide to made an aircraft he or she begin his or her work at 3D Studio MAX modelling programm. At the end you have ready model. This is a MAX file wich you can edit freely. Without dancing with fake pilots. You export it through Lod exporter to the game. But not everybody wants to share MAX files. This is kinda intellectual property.

3 hours ago, bazillius said:

When author decide to made an aircraft he or she begin his or her work at 3D Studio MAX modelling programm. At the end you have ready model. This is a MAX file wich you can edit freely. Without dancing with fake pilots. You export it through Lod exporter to the game. But not everybody wants to share MAX files. This is kinda intellectual property.

Is 3D studio max the only program that works to make 3D files?

Also what kind of files to these programs make like . what file?

Edited by AcariaPlainum

23 hours ago, AcariaPlainum said:

Is 3D studio max the only program that works to make 3D files?

Also what kind of files to these programs make like . what file?

Yes, Blender works very fine!!!!!! Thanks to Mue for his LOD exporter. Blender is very cheap ($0 :biggrin:) but it is not very comfy. Dificult and not logical interface. But this program is the future!!!!!!!!!!!! I use it. :good::wink: i tested Mues Lod exporter on Blender 2.79 i am not sure it works on other newer versions

didn't we used to have (in 1stGens) JUST the pylons for the AA-1s on Fresco???, that did not included the radar nose??? I seem to have a vague recollection of such a thing -- or I'm just getting old(er)

Let me look around in the tombs and archives of the ancient modders ....