Gents, what´s the trick to add a new carrier station for single missions? For both sides. The NavalMap=TRUE and its WaterMap=XXX_Water.bmp already done. The airbases list on Mission Generator failed to find the naval stations. Does the XXX_Movement.ini has any effect on it? Wich files controls this trick?

Map - Japan YAP

Aircraft Carrier settings already done:

[MissionData]
NationName=IJN
ServiceStartYear=1944
ServiceEndYear=1945
GroundObjectRole=WARSHIP
WarshipClass=AIRCRAFT_CARRIER
Availability=VERY_COMMON
FormationSizeBase=1
FormationSizeVariation=0
Exported=FALSE
CarrierBaseSize=SMALL
CarrierNumSquadrons=6

Plane´s DATA.INI done too:

[MissionData]
NationName=IJN
ServiceStartDate=8/1944
ServiceEndDate=8/1945
AircraftRole=FIGHTER
AircraftCapability=DAY_ONLY
Availability=VERY_COMMON
Exported=FALSE
ExportStartYear=
ExportAvailability=
PrimaryRoles=INTERCEPT
SecondaryRoles=CAP
NormalMissionRadius=730
MaxMissionRadius=1230
Ceiling=9875
MinBaseSize=SMALL   <---------- Same as the carrier
CarrierBased=TRUE  <----------------

HEEEELLLPPP!

img00017.jpg

I created a new Japanese Carrier Station on a tiny red dot at the sea, but it don´t appears on bases scroll list.

Did the carrier show up? You as far as I know have to physically put the deck on the map for it to recognize that there is a carrier on the map and allow you to take off from it. It only generates when you're going after a CVBN or whatever the acronym is.

• Thanks 1

Yes, they´re there. The whole convoy shows at Mue´s TargetAreaEditor. I did this many times before, but this time something´s went wrong.

Look on XXX_TARGETS.INI

[TargetArea065]
Name=IJN NorthTask Group
Position=1509500.00,1234500.00
Alignment=ENEMY
Location=1
ActiveYear=0
Radius=5657.0
CarrierStation=TRUE
Target[001].Type=Unryu_CV
Target[001].Offset=-61.00,34.00
Target[001].Heading=360
Target[001].ActiveDate=8/8/1944
Target[002].Type=Musashi
Target[002].Offset=-1047.00,269.00
Target[002].Heading=360
Target[003].Type=IJNDestroyer
Target[003].Offset=612.00,451.00
Target[003].Heading=360
Target[004].Type=IJNDestroyer
Target[004].Offset=885.00,-712.00
Target[004].Heading=360
Target[005].Type=Mogami
Target[005].Offset=-744.00,-624.00
Target[005].Heading=360
Target[006].Type=Mogami
Target[006].Offset=-535.00,719.00
Target[006].Heading=360
Target[007].Type=Unryu_CV
Target[007].Offset=1134.00,-110.00
Target[007].Heading=360
Target[008].Type=Unryu_CV
Target[008].Offset=-1353.00,-276.00
Target[008].Heading=360
Target[009].Type=Takao
Target[009].Offset=-2160.00,0.00
Target[009].Heading=360
Target[010].Type=Chikuma
Target[010].Offset=-1881.00,-599.00
Target[010].Heading=360
Target[011].Type=IJNDestroyer
Target[011].Offset=1524.00,228.00
Target[011].Heading=360

All the ships are present.

Oh now I see what you're trying to do. The game may not allow that kind of stuff.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure that the game doesn't recognize the carrier as a base on the map, even though it's a base. I haven't heard of maps having carriers on the map itself for the player/wingmen to fly from. I could be wrong but it may not be possible. I've always placed a carrier on the map via the Mission editor (or how they rigged it for ODS30), but never as a static base on the map. Wrench may know, but I doubt it can be done is all I'm saying.

• Thanks 1

Wrench once said that some maps does not allowed carrier ops. Hope it´s not the case...

Maybe, but you're doing all of the steps, and it may be happening on this map.

• Thanks 1

The most strange is the fact that allies carriers works normally in single missions, although out of the location I designated for it. Conclusion - all is a big mess!

img00046.jpg

This is what I plan to do. Make it selected on bases scroll list.

I see, I'm not that familiar with maps and how they work (I have an inkling based on reading posts) but that's a Wrench or Gepard, or Menrva problem that I can't solve. Going to have to wait until they chime in.

• Thanks 1

I guess the Carrier uses some truck convoy path or something. I don´t find a way to place it over water even with all the settings "protocol" done.

I think there's quite a lot of confusion over here. Carrier Stations are never used in single missions, they exist only for campaign use. Adding ship objects to those target areas won't achieve nothing apart from having static ships able to fire back.

Naval fleets ala SF2 North Atlantic just require a proper water.bmp and the NavalMap=TRUE statement. You cannot control where the fleet exactly spawns on game generated missions, that's a limitation you cannot overcome. Only in campaign data we can specify precisely where a naval fleet or a static carrier station can be. Fleets ala SF2NA are dynamically spawned objects, nothing to do with terrain target areas. 

Edited by Menrva
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wilches said:

Thanks boss, so what should I have to do?

I don't know what you're trying to achieve. Just look at the IcelandNA water bitmap. You have to use the same exact green and yellow colors (respectively indicating where friendly and enemy fleets can spawn), save it as 8bit. It's best to use MS Paint for this. You need to have ships in the GroundObject folder, with their data properly updated to SF2NA standards. Then you just have to pray and hope the game spawns stuff like you wish. Nothing else can be done. I cannot help more than this. Use the search bar on the site, I already explained how to create water bitmaps properly on several topics.

• Thanks 1

@Wilches I should have specified, do NOT use Photoshop. It doesn't save 8bit bitmaps properly. Now you have to start from scratch. Extract the water bitmap via TFDtool, repaint green and yellow areas with MS Paint. Use MS Paint or it'll most likely break.

• Thanks 1

like was said above you MUST have the color coded CV zones on the _water.bmp. and everything spawns randomly

• Thanks 1

Yes!!! Worked like a charm!!! Thanks so much o EricJ, Menrva and Wrench for your kindness!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown2:

• Like 2