I noticed that MiG-21MF pit has working Bereza RWR. It bleeps and lights do show the angle of incoming radiation

MiG-23 pit has Bereza too, and it looks like a same 3D model, but currently lights don't work. It bleeps, but no lights

Another thing, 21 pit has "droptanks empty" indicator light. Very useful. 23 pit doesn't

Thus, how exactly I can edit 23 pit to add this? I understand that I had to modify 3d model of the pit, add hooks and respective light textures, then add them in cockpit.ini having 21 pit as an example. What software is best to use here?

You'd probably need the original .max file, or whatever the original format of the mesh was. If it' a .LOD file then there is nothing that I know of that can edit the file. Maybe some ini dancing may work, but there should be no way to edit a .lod

Maybe I'm not quite right, but it seems to me that RWR (not vector) works somehow "randomly", that is, under approximately the same counteraction conditions, the lights always burn or never (and the sound notification always works).
1. Try to replace the section with this one
[RWR]
Type=RWR
NodeName=RWR
//NodeName=RWR_front
If it works, you can try adding the tool:
Instrument[093]=RWR2
[RWR2]
Type=RWR
NodeName=RWR
//NodeName=RWR_front
2. Download and install this (of course, making a backup).
https://combatace.com/files/file/9472-working-hawk-for-sf2/
Fly and attack in different conditions on the MiG 21 and 23
Draw your own conclusions :)
I saw this problem but for now I left everything "as is".
Maybe someone more experienced here can help.
Fuel indication MiG 23s (by analogy with MiG 29)
Perhaps the indicator "residual xx kg (50%)" is more correct.
For example:
"Остаток 1500кг"
I don't have specific information )

Edited by michaelk

On 5/5/2023 at 7:18 PM, michaelk said:

-

You see, the 3d models themselves are different.

This is how 21MF SPO looks like with front node removed. Aside from the general SPO circle, you have 8 points for flashing lights

And this is how 23s SPO looks like. Underneath the SPO circle - there is another SPO circle 

SPO in 21 generally works and show from where the threat comes. In 23, it doesn't 

0111.png

012.png

Try to ask the cockpit authors a question (mr. Stary etc), including about the features of the work of the red side RVR's.
At least I left everything as it is on my 23x (maybe just delete the second PVR/SPO later).

Edited by michaelk

On 5/14/2023 at 9:17 AM, michaelk said:

Try to ask the cockpit authors a question (mr. Stary etc), including about the features of the work of the red side RVR's.
At least I left everything as it is on my 23x (maybe just delete the second PVR/SPO later).

I finally made it work 

img00022.JPG

img00023.JPG

Edited by OlWilly
  • Like 4

Very good work, you are very motivated to achieve results, we will be grateful if you publish your RVR configurations.

Edited by michaelk

Indeed, share the wealth!!!

Well, took me a while to figure it out properly

The set-up has two nodes. Outer node is basically for decoration (or, so to say, to imitate the actual SPO-10), in Stary's cockpits it's usually called "RWR_front".

This node calls TGA texture, and it is in TGA format to allow transparency. The holes are placed where the lights should be. Better seen on a screenshot in the post from May.

The actual RWR node is the hidden node inside (here, called simply "RWR"). It calls BMP or JPG texture, and it should look the same as the outer texture. 

All of this is already done in the cockpit model, no changes to textures are necessary so I just explain how it works. 

Thus, in cockpit ini:

[RWR]
Type=RWR
NodeName=RWR

In avionics ini:

[RWR]
Type=3_RING
AirSearchTexture=cockpit\rwrGreen.tga
AirTrackTexture=cockpit\rwrYellow.tga
AirLockTexture=cockpit\rwrRed.tga
GroundSearchTexture=cockpit\rwrGreen.tga
GroundTrackTexture=cockpit\rwrYellow.tga
GroundLockTexture=cockpit\rwrRed.tga
SearchPosition=0.60
TrackPosition=0.60
LockPosition=0.60
SearchSize=0.7
TrackSize=0.7
LockSize=0.7
SearchFlash=FALSE
TrackFlash=TRUE
TrackFlashRate=0.5
LockFlash=TRUE
LockFlashRate=0.1
ShowSearchRadar=FALSE
TrackSound=MiGRWRS.wav
LockSound=MiGRWRL.wav

This way, the RWR node works just as a regular 3_ring RWR, showing the general direction of the radiation. The goal is to find proper position so the light will align with aforementioned holes and will be seen outside. Position=0.60 works fine 

Then, the size should be adjusted so the lights are big enough to be seen from outside - if you make them too small you won't see anything most of the time. Size=0.7 works fine

I did increase the number of transparent holes on TGA texture from 4 to 8 for testing, but it is not necessary  - the actual SPO-10 had only four (this is where Stary pit is correct and MiG-21 version is not.), so I returned them back. 

As a bit of trivia, the actual SPO-10 worked in a way that:

- the lights show you the direction of radiation, white color only

- the frequency of beeping tells you how close the threat is (faster beeping - closer threat)

- continuous beeping means you are locked

- not sure for what purpose the red lights are, either range or launch warning 

Most of this is not possible inside the game's engine, so we multicolored RWR would be good enough. 

TLDR - just check the correct paths and names for all textures, Position=0.60 and Size=0.7

Edited by OlWilly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Size for MiG-21MF is different:

SearchPosition=0.6
TrackPosition=0.6
LockPosition=0.6
SearchSize=0.9
TrackSize=0.9
LockSize=0.9

Although I removed additional lights, leaving only four (as it should be). Comes with adapted texture Instrumentos05.tga

Same set-up for Su-15 pit, and changed texture instruments.TGA

img00025.JPG

• Like 1

More stuff for MiG-21

This scale right below the gunsight is actually a radar range indicator.

Lowest part shows the distance to the ground in ground attack mode (not applicable in SF2), the one above it shows distance to aerial target in air-to-air mode.

Very useful thing, allows you to know the range for sure and pick the best time for a launch

To enable, replace original AgujaBB entry by this:

[AgujaBB]
Type=RADAR_TARGET_RANGE
NodeName=AgujaBB
MovementType=ROTATION_Z
ValueUnit=METERS
Scale=1
Set[01].Position=-20.0
Set[01].Value=1000.0
Set[02].Position=20.0
Set[02].Value=9000.0

Sadly, this scale is properly animated only in these MiG-21 pits. In his works, Stary just put it as a solid texture with arrow being painted on it 

3km:

img00027.JPG

img00028.JPG

Edited by OlWilly
  • Like 1