Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

A Full EAW review.

I'm currently working more on the EAW Full Review:

Its only really 10% me since I decided I should combine all the old 1998 and 99 reviews of EAW into one and try to correct errors in the information.
It will allow thorough review of the game and should include v1.1 and v1.2 fixes at least noted where a negative bug is told.
Its primarily for v1.0 of EAW, the 1998 reviews. then there's the v1.1 info I try to remember to post in the review to insure the reader knows a bug or condition was fixed in the MPS patches.

Right now I'm combining three more detailed reviews into the help doc, so if there is anything you want in the review such as if there's errors in the info, let me know.
Most old post in forums about EAW in early 1999, complained authors never updated their reviews for MPS official patches. They stayed with v1.0 or v1.1 for the content. So hopefully I'll get the to add where apparent, the patch info.

Anything to add let me know here, thanks.

Here's the current update. Some (actually a bunch) of information is reviewed maybe 2 or 3 times , said in a different manner since there edited paragraphs, and not yet move into the main and staying info usually above it.
I'm breaking it down into sections just for this review. Normally I would just list topics with a few sections, here I have split some of the topics up into more sections, you'll see more soon as I complete moving the information over to this help doc. But here it is in its current shape:

https://eaw.neocities.org/full-review.html  (perhaps refresh your browser to see the latest post of that page :)

Edited by MarkEAW
added too it and format
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow Mark, pretty elaborate review, nice one! Great to see all the information bundled, hope it'll attract a few more players.

VonBeerhofen

Thanks VBH.

lol, yeah me too :) Its just a hobby though. I'm still working on it. Still separating out topics into sections. Then re write a little to make it sound like one review.

One thing I think I forgot was to save the authors names of the said reviews. But I do think I saved their reviews at mediafire, most of them.

Anyhow I tried to point out facts and numbers/values to go along with some of it. lol. Like I think its 256 planes in the air at once of 30 types? (or was it 20 types?). something like that.

Wonderful effort Mark.  Hope you manage to get it finished.

Having just come back to EAW after a number of years absent, I've found it very useful. Especially as I like to fly the standard 1.2. Am looking forward to when you address the old mods eg
Enemy Coast Ahead, ECAP, EAW Stab etc. Still have all the downloads, just can't remember how to install them. :)

Hi Pips,

Installation notes are included with their ZIP's but it's questionable if that stuff can still be made to work. Still works on my old legacy machine though, :)

VonBeerhofen

Thanks Pips, the review will take separate efforts to get it done.

Not sure what ECAP is.....? (EDIT, oh its ECA Panel, sorry, now I know)

But I think I address the other mods in the files section. Like extending the readmes that come with them by adding  more notes.

Some , if they have installers with them , they might not run on 64 bit machines. Thats the main reason you might have problems.

Stab, I vaguely remember its a file manager for mods, not sure if it works today, on modern WindowsOS.

If you can create a separate thread per your topic in support, I can and perhaps VBH can help also. :)

Edited by MarkEAW
ECAP = ECA Panel

Fortunately I kept my old XP machine, and now that I have retired, I'm in the process of firing it up so I can play all my old sims. Like EAW, RB3D, MiG Alley, Battle Of Britain II etc.

It's like meeting old friends after years of separation. :biggrin: