Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

anybody near the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum

is anybody near the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum ,  925 E St, Hawthorne, NV 89415, USA ????

i need some close up pictures from the AGM-69 SRAM , in particular the area marked with the red arrow  , maybe somebody has made this pictures all ready and would like to share them with me

i would like to finish this weapon , Thank You

i just checked where Hawthorne is located and discovered that this must be one of the biggest army depots , it is huge , and the probability that someone lives nearby is rather zero but maybe we have someone who works there , lets hope

Image4.thumb.jpg.f6bc0693de52c8da1e5d436bd906d1e1.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 2

have you tried reaching out to them directly?

and are ya doin the B57 in the background as well? :biggrin:

Edited by daddyairplanes

He already did some nuke bombs already, maybe it's in there already. And no I don't live close to the area, I'm on the east coast.

Edit: I don't have any B57s either, so he has to make them (or somebody anyway)

Edited by EricJ

yap i do the B57 as well

i will try to contact them 

last year i was in San Francisco if i only knew then what i need now  we could have been there with a 6 hours drive and i´m sure there are much more things worth taking pictures from it

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 2

cool on the B57. its a pretty multi use weapon, everything from tactical laydown to depth charge (time to make the Sea Kings NUC capable!)

good luck on contacting them. i reach out to lots of veteran groups on FB, museums and actual units when working my projects

once they get their heads wrapped around "its free, not making a profit" they can be very helpful. if they respond that is.

that is generally the biggest issue in reaching out  to anyone

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

Edit: I don't have any B57s either, so he has to make them (or somebody anyway)

i know, nobody does at the moment.

i pulled together every nuclear weapon and effects some years ago and made a list of what we had and what we didnt.  B57 is at the top for "we dont have it, but it would actually be useful in game"

i like the skin that was done for the SRAM couple years back. but a new model would be much, much better

8 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

i know, nobody does at the moment.

i pulled together every nuclear weapon and effects some years ago and made a list of what we had and what we didnt.  B57 is at the top for "we dont have it, but it would actually be useful in game"

i like the skin that was done for the SRAM couple years back. but a new model would be much, much better

Yeah, I don't use nukes so it doesn't bother me that much that it's not around (I think I used one just to claim that I did use one in-game) so there's that. It's only too bad as a lot of weapons need to be updated but so little time. If I had some 3D modeling skills I would at least do some JDAMs and the like.

I didn't even know about the place. It is a bit over 5 hours away. What could I tell the BOSS to get a road trip out to BFE? I dunno, but it looks cool af! If I figure it out before xmas, Ill let you know.

• Thanks 1