combatace444

Strike Fighters 2 Operation Desert Storm problem

I Installed SF2 and updated it to Ju.2013 (latest update) then I installed operation desert storm into the same directory.

- when i run the game and select missions it crashes and return back to windows

- when i select  scramble ,i found it works and fly a scramble mission

- when i select campaign it loads until 80% and crashes and return back to windows

I don't know what to do to overcome and solve the crash game when selection missions and campaign 

You need a GPU with at least 4GB VRAM. The mod does not work on Intel UHD integrated graphics cards.

I already posted all possible suggestions and solutions to known issues in the mod's download page.

1 hour ago, Menrva said:

You need a GPU with at least 4GB VRAM. The mod does not work on Intel UHD integrated graphics cards.

I already posted all possible suggestions and solutions to known issues in the mod's download page.

I have nividia GE Force RTX 3050 4GB.

In options -graphics I saw my graphic card selected and identified

Scramble works with me quick mission)

Edited by combatace444

Just now, TaktischesGenie said:

Turn your settings down
its the only way atm

you mean graphics settings or resolution ?

On 7/9/2023 at 6:31 PM, combatace444 said:

I Installed SF2 and updated it to Ju.2013 (latest update) then I installed operation desert storm into the same directory.

- when i run the game and select missions it crashes and return back to windows

- when i select  scramble ,i found it works and fly a scramble mission

- when i select campaign it loads until 80% and crashes and return back to windows

I don't know what to do to overcome and solve the crash game when selection missions and campaign 

If you want help let us know your computer configuration. You are not playing it on a laptop with graphics card emulating it , are you ? :)

36 minutes ago, UllyB said:

If you want help let us know your computer configuration. You are not playing it on a laptop with graphics card emulating it , are you ? :)

i am using laptop dell core i5 with nividia GE Force RTX 3050 (all games and strike fighters 2 works well except Desert Storm)

well in this case the cause is that you don't have some files you should have (for the campaign) or if you tried to change some things there to suit your needs perhaps you fucked up the installation  in the process. I suspect the first one. I give you an example: if you use planes that need a LARGE airstrip and you have none on that terrain, the game will crash. Got the picture ?

There are some things you could do:

- try install again that campaign. read carefully the README file , the author included, maybe you missed there something (you should have done something you forgot to do in order tha campaign to work, maybe you needed some planes to copy in some folder you forgot to do, or you should have brought the 3D LOD of some planes)

- try install it on other pc, try a desktop is my suggestion. If there work, you will know for sure that is something wrong with your laptop, maybe even the Windows.

My money is on you don't have some files in it and that is why is crashing. Did you do any changes, AFTER you installed the campaign ?

Edited by UllyB