Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Stand-in Venom from Available Vampire ??

I'm considering creating a stand-in de Havilland Venom using 3rd Wire's Vampire and I know there are some physical and FM differences between the two planes. 

I don't know how to create models. I can't do much about changing the physical differences like the wings except to maybe add some tip tanks to the wing tips. FM differences might be simplier to fix.

Any suggestions on which tanks to use for the wingtips? or any other suggestions? 

I know we have Pasko's Venom and Vampire available and I love flying them, but they are showing their age and have some anomilies in the model. And until someone makes a new Venom available I'd like to at least have a newer model, even if it is a 'stand-in.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

Geary

Pako's Old Vampire and Venom. Note the ill-fitting cockpit cover.

img00001.JPG

img00006.JPG

• Like 1

I want to make a two-seat vampire mod, but I'm not convinced by the differences with Venom.... there I would have to make a new model

image.png

Edited by PeacePuma

A two-seat vampire will be a nice addition to the Strike Fighters' hangar.  :good:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Geary said:

Any suggestions on which tanks to use for the wingtips? or any other suggestions? 

You could try to use the wingtip tanks of the stock Yak-23. They have a similar shape like the Venom wingtip tanks.

Gepard,

Thanks for the suggestion. The Yak-23 tank looks good. Now I must figure out how to place them on the wingtips.  I used to know how to do this but that was years ago when my brain worked better.

Geary

We'ld need a two seater Vampire.

• Like 4

Geary, use the Lod viewer to get the basic coordinates

Wrench,

I found an old plane I put tanks on wingtipss from years ago.  I think it's coming back to me.  :smile:

• Haha 1

It SUCKS getting old!!! :lol:   :drinks:

• Like 1