Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

Editing Notes Overview v2

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MarkEAW
      EAW Editing Notes (revised Sept 15, 2003)
      by Charles Gunst, (Others)
      They are for stock EAWv1.2 consumption.

• By MarkEAW
      I'm currently working more on the EAW Full Review:
      Its only really 10% me since I decided I should combine all the old 1998 and 99 reviews of EAW into one and try to correct errors in the information.
      It will allow thorough review of the game and should include v1.1 and v1.2 fixes at least noted where a negative bug is told.
      Its primarily for v1.0 of EAW, the 1998 reviews. then there's the v1.1 info I try to remember to post in the review to insure the reader knows a bug or condition was fixed in the MPS patches.
      Right now I'm combining three more detailed reviews into the help doc, so if there is anything you want in the review such as if there's errors in the info, let me know.
      Most old post in forums about EAW in early 1999, complained authors never updated their reviews for MPS official patches. They stayed with v1.0 or v1.1 for the content. So hopefully I'll get the to add where apparent, the patch info.
      Anything to add let me know here, thanks.
      Here's the current update. Some (actually a bunch) of information is reviewed maybe 2 or 3 times , said in a different manner since there edited paragraphs, and not yet move into the main and staying info usually above it.
      I'm breaking it down into sections just for this review. Normally I would just list topics with a few sections, here I have split some of the topics up into more sections, you'll see more soon as I complete moving the information over to this help doc. But here it is in its current shape:
      https://eaw.neocities.org/full-review.html  (perhaps refresh your browser to see the latest post of that page :)

• By VonS
      For FE/FE2 Flyers interested in little oddities of WW1 flight,
      Thought I'd open a small mini-post with some interesting info. on cartridge ejection on WW1 machine guns, as related to my tweaked data inis. I usually like to keep the ejection-of-cartridges call set to True on single-seaters, including top-wing mounted Lewis guns, or Vickers or Spandaus that are in front of the cockpit. Toggle that setting under the Internal Gun section of your data inis to preference, either to True or False, if you're distracted by empty flying cartridges while flying.
      On two-seater and multi-seater types, especially for observers/gunners, I usually have that setting at False, since many observers had setups with cloth or leather bags attached to the guns to catch spent cartridges. One exception to the rule is of course the one-seater pusher type, such as the DH.2 - you don't want spent cartridges from those flying back into the engine or propeller (as historical).
      A good post on the topic is here:
      http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/2/t/150528.aspx?page=1
      Also good is the opening, lengthy post on that forum.
      Happy flying,
      Von S

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..