Sign in to follow this  
asdfer

Checking in.

Hi, 

Over the past week or so I've been working on getting WOFF/BHAH2 into VR with VorpX. Yesterday I got it working in WMR with Head Tracking but I neglected to begin in the Seated position and Center it; so while it did move, so did the environment. I'll fix that next time; probably tonight.

Want to say THANK YOU!  I started from scratch and it was a complex process but the online videos and info from others was all I needed.  S!

And a shout out to Rick Rawlings for those great videos.  Showed me everything I needed to know in a pleasant, professional manner.  Very well done, sir.

While I'm here, a question?  I think I saw something recently that said WOFF2 has FLAK in two colors: Black for Central and Grey for the Entente?  Is that so?

Prosit!  

Edited by asdfer

43 minutes ago, asdfer said:

I think I saw something recently that said WOFF2 has FLAK in two colors: Black for Central and Grey for the Entente?  Is that so?

Yes, that's correct...

• Thanks 1

Thank you!  

I'm making a list of essential keyboard commands for WOFF2; don't see how to access, turn on and off, or review the flight recordings.  (I like to make videos of my flights.) 

Where's the flight recorder?  :dntknw:

To make videos you will need to use Nvidia's Geforce Experience built in recording.  Default key for Nvidia is Alt+F9 to record, you can optionally NOT record everything as such if you enable  Instant Replay - then when something good happens you hit the Alt+F10 and it saves the last X minutes (configurable) and captures just the good bits and the short lead up to it.

If you have AMD GPU or you do not want to use Geforce Experience you can use some other recording software - OBS Studio for example is excellent.

In WOFF you can review the mission in the mission recorder (details and map is shown) but you cannot replay it in 3D.

Edited by Polovski

Alt+Z brings up the config/settings menu for it.  You can see (or change) where it saves, quality etc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again!

After I post this, I'm setting up to fly WOFF2 in VR for the first time. 

I've been overcoming small obstacles for the past couple days; last night I had everything except the right kind of head tracking.  I know what I did wrong and this time should be the charm. 

The graphics, aircraft selection, and Actually Intelligent dogfighting action look amazing on a monitor and I know it's gonna look even more outrageous when I'm inside the VR cockpit. 

Here goes...  :good:  

Please post some videos when you get it working! I have seen several posts over the last couple of years from people who were holding out on WOFF until they could VR it!