Sign in to follow this  
Soulfreak

Question regarding lights

I´m currently looking for Infos regarding position & landing lights in SF2 aircraft.

What does the entrie "LightSrcOffset" in Data exactly mean?

And how is the color set? 

Thanks in advance!

Color is defined by 'Color=R,G,B' entry, each RGB component as a positive number between 0 and 1. For example  Color=0.88,0.25,0.25 (red).

If you have a picture with the color you want, you can measure the color components with Gimp 'Color Picker tool' (for example). Select the measure in RGB % then. You will get the components directly (with 1=100% of course).

For 'LightSrcOffset=', I am not sure but it seems to be an offset (in X,Y,Z coordinates and meters) to the  'Position=' entry (also in X,Y,Z AC model coordinates and meters). I don't know why there is this offset instead of only the position value and I am interested to know if someone can say  :smile:

• Like 1

IIRC, the SRC offset is how far in front the beam is thrown. Position is where the bulb is on the aircraft.

and don't forget "attachednode=" for lights on swing or folding wings, or rudders.

• Like 1

Thank you pvince & Bob! :good:

will test in the evening.

• Haha 1

The light entries are working as sphere of light.

So LightSrcOffset= is the position of the sphere of light, located from the light position.
LightSrcRange= is the size of the sphere.

• Like 3

One more Question,

the position is same as shown in lod viewer?

X, Y, Z axis?

i believe so; ive use the lod viewer to positon 'running lights' and landing lights many times.

• Like 1