Sign in to follow this  
JungleThing

The TDR-1 / Secret US WW2 Combat Drone

Aviation History magazine (iirc) had an artilce of them some years back.

Rex's Hangar ALWAYS has something cool!! He's got a new series on the Douglas Aircraft Co. Some of the images are from the Santa Monica location; I grew up in it's shadow. There's one shot of a DC4 coming in to land at Cloverfield, and it's looking at the farm fields where my parent's house will be built in 1954!!! Very cool stuff!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wrench said:

Aviation History magazine (iirc) had an artilce of them some years back.

Rex's Hangar ALWAYS has something cool!! He's got a new series on the Douglas Aircraft Co. Some of the images are from the Santa Monica location; I grew up in it's shadow. There's one shot of a DC4 coming in to land at Cloverfield, and it's looking at the farm fields where my parent's house will be built in 1954!!! Very cool stuff!!!

Now I want to see that DC-4 picture!

I must apologize!!! It's wasn't Rex , but Mike Machat  part 2 of the Douglas propliners.

the color still of the "Air France" DC-4 coming into Santa Monica.

I took a screen shot of the image; it almost looks like the housing development has begun. Just past the 'white street' should be where Armacost Ave will be. The paved street in the foreground "should be" Bundy Drive (turns into Centinella off the right edge of the photo). If I knew exactly what year it was taken, I could be more sure. Mom & Dad bought the house brand new build in 1954. So, there we are!

dc4-sm-street.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Wrench said:

the color still of the "Air France" DC-4 coming into Santa Monica.

I took a screen shot of the image; it almost looks like the housing development has begun. Just past the 'white street' should be where Armacost Ave will be. The paved street in the foreground "should be" Bundy Drive (turns into Centinella off the right edge of the photo). If I knew exactly what year it was taken, I could be more sure. Mom & Dad bought the house brand new build in 1954. So, there we are!

That is really amazing! Would have been quite a shock when you first saw it!!

• Like 1