I'm trying to learn how to get models in game and stuff, so i exported a stearman model and the textures and they seem to be working fine, however ingame not only does it not show but i cant even move

image.png.9508f3ff8102f501a8acd00ceec55bfc.png

Any ideas why it could be like that?

There could be several factors. Also you exporting it from 3dsmax or blender?

First things to look at:
- correct lod name call-out in AC.ini file
- if any or more mesh has more than 5k vertices themselves (not combined count, individual meshes)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, logan4 said:

First things to look at:
- if any or more mesh has more than 5k vertices themselves (not combined count, individual meshes)

Btw, I was heard about 3.5K faces limit,is it true?

10 hours ago, logan4 said:

First things to look at:

Holy crap, I think I know you... 

1 hour ago, simonmiller416 said:

Btw, I was heard about 3.5K faces limit,is it true?

There are limitations for sure that will cause issues and to a degree I would go with depend on the shape. 
I have mesh that has only 2.1k faces and had issue with its shadow showing up properly or at all. 
Also the TW exporter has issue with meshes over 5k poly, it will either crash or might make the export (depend on how much it is over that number). If made the lod, in game most likely the mesh will not be visible. The blender exporter will make the lod but, if I good remember will not show in game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, logan4 said:

First things to look at:

I'm exporting from blender

The lod name call-out on the ac.ini is right since when I press it the lod shows up in the lodviewer

Not 100% sure on the vertices, how can I check?

Thanks!

In Blender you select the mesh on the right side in the sceene tree, and in the upper bar would show up the different counts, tris, faces, etc. (marked them with blue on the pic)

tirscount.thumb.jpg.93f07478cf73833c7e735428cafd54d5.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, logan4 said:

In Blender you select the mesh on the right side in the sceene tree, and in the upper bar would show up the different counts, tris, faces, etc. (marked them with blue on the pic)

tirscount.thumb.jpg.93f07478cf73833c7e735428cafd54d5.jpg

I'll check it out when I get back, another question though since you shared the screenshot

Are the lines popping out of the control surfaces used for rigging ingame? If they are, how do you hide them or does blender know they aren't meant to be seen?

Those are the actual pivot point locations, these only visible when you work on the model in blender. We link the meshes to each other (parent/child), and animate the required meshes (strouts, airbrakes, canopy, etc),  - not rigging like for a movie or such - and we place the pivots of the mesh to the rotation point we want/need.  Or I misunderstood something. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.4dba3b164f65f0bc2ce86f278f40c640.png

I lowered the verts from the engine (Which is the highest one there was here) to 2772, the plane flies ingame but i still dont see the lod in it. Lod viewer still shows everything out. I can send the blender file if anyone wants to test it, not really sure why it does all of this

64e711070f4cc_StrikeFighters2Israel24_08_202311_12_15.thumb.png.a25bf1cb98e2d4f9d22a7ee7e3b1233f.png

Imma using 3dsmax so can't offer more help,

But I think if model looks fine in LOD viewer, but not in the game ,could still be the "too much faces" problem,Have you split the model down? For example, separate out flaps, slats...

Or...could this be a scaling issue?

Forgive me if I'm talking nonsense:salute:

Maybe..  just maybe, Have you give a tick  inTransparency box? 

I did have same issue, forgot to un-check transparency materials..  some parts are invisible.. 

5 hours ago, anunk47 said:

Maybe..  just maybe, Have you give a tick  inTransparency box? 

I did have same issue, forgot to un-check transparency materials..  some parts are invisible.. 

Mind sending a screenshot of where it's located? I'll check it

Although I'm not 100% sure about it since I was able to import a blender cube ingame

5 hours ago, toot said:

Mind sending a screenshot of where it's located? I'll check it

Although I'm not 100% sure about it since I was able to import a blender cube ingame

This is common Transparency How-to in blender 3+.. 
https://brandonsdrawings.com/blender-transparency/

and for 2.79 (since we using this much for export to Lod) 
Check the Material, scroll down until you see "Transparency" then un-thick for solid output. 
(BUT this is just a "maybe" case, since any possibilities could causing a model are OK in 3D Software, even in LODViewer, but FUBAR in game)

Tp.jpg.43d329ef1d40b8d2d2379b1c95d6c8f0.jpg

You forgot to assign a texture or material. Assign any texture, even just a gray square. An aircraft without a texture or material is displayed in the LOD viewer but invisible in the game.  I think the problem in materials and textures

• Like 1

On 25.8.2023 at 3:48 AM, anunk47 said:

This is common Transparency How-to in blender 3+.. 
https://brandonsdrawings.com/blender-transparency/

and for 2.79 (since we using this much for export to Lod) 
Check the Material, scroll down until you see "Transparency" then un-thick for solid output. 
(BUT this is just a "maybe" case, since any possibilities could causing a model are OK in 3D Software, even in LODViewer, but FUBAR in game)

64f4b1d6b79b1_StrikeFighters2Israel03_09_202319_17_42.thumb.png.eb43cf05d77105bde47fed84e4a963c4.png

Defintely had something to do with that, Really appriciate the help

Now i just need to figure out what to do next lol

7 hours ago, toot said:

Defintely had something to do with that, Really appriciate the help

Now i just need to figure out what to do next lol

Glad if I can help.. I'm just learning 3D myself. 
Black appearances is texture material.. if Object-Material-Texture doesn't match, the skin wont appear in game.