Hi everyone, Was wondering if someone has made an attechment for the vautour's nose simillar to the one here?

F-AZHP Sud-Ouest SO.4050 Vautour IIN | Tours, France. Scan o… | Flickr

Sud SO-4050 Vautour IIN - Untitled | Aviation Photo #0498645 | Airliners.net

I'm pretty sure it's a mirage 3 nose theyve attached so it would have it's radar but i might be wrong. Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, Cliff7600 said:

According to Wikipedia (France) it's a Mirage F1 nose :

"The last flying Vautour was a former aircraft of the French test unit CEV. It flew with the civilian registration F-AZHP. It appears to have the nose of Mirage F1 for test of radar"

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNCASO_SO-4050_Vautour

Israel had a vautour like that (s.n 70) which was before the f-1 I think, might have been different varients with long noses

There was a nightfighter version called Vautour IIN

"The Vatour IIN featured quadruple DEFA cannon, radar in the nose, and a two seat canopy -- pilot in front, radar operator in back -- with each crewman under his own backward-hinged clamshell canopy. It could carry two Matra R-511 semi-active radar homing air-to-air missiles (AAMs) and two Nord AA-20 radio command link guided AAMs, or sometimes two AAMs plus two drop tanks."  https://www.airvectors.net/avmir4.html

So it looked in reality:

65c142c8c3d5e_BildVautourIINIsrael.thumb.jpg.d2b5fabcf2411f3bb6b27d3559414e79.jpg

The plane in your picture was a test plane for Cyrano IV radar development.

just curious as to why we'd need a one-off research aircraft, that serves no purpose in a combat simulator.

There's at least one version of the standard IIN in the download section, by Veltro2k

On 5.2.2024 at 11:21 PM, Wrench said:

just curious as to why we'd need a one-off research aircraft, that serves no purpose in a combat simulator.

There's at least one version of the standard IIN in the download section, by Veltro2k

Can't you ask that same question about all other prototypes/ single use aircraft in the server? The more the better. + I really like the vautour :smile:

vt-ne-70-fly.jpg

1923.jpg

• Like 3

It could be done by fake pilot. IIRC one of our argentinian friends made such new noses for some Mirage. Perhaps one of them would fit to the Vautour.

• Like 2

On 7.2.2024 at 9:29 PM, Gepard said:

It could be done by fake pilot. IIRC one of our argentinian friends made such new noses for some Mirage. Perhaps one of them would fit to the Vautour.

That's what I intended when I made the thread, sorry I didn't make it clear before. Ill try using the 2 seater kfir maybe and check how it fits, if it won't I'll try and actually model it with another thing I planned for a what if

• Like 1

65cbb851e2f5f_StrikeFighters2Israel13_02_202420_35_56.thumb.png.705ffe6f864e249c9bba136140851d83.png

i tried using fake pilot, i can obviously do better, but i was wondering if there was a mirage nose that is only a nose? no cockpit or anything else, just the nose

closest thing i could find, i like it

Strike Fighters 2 Israel 13_02_2024 21_00_38.png

• Like 4

Another question (sort of unrelated to the vautour but to do with fake noses)- does anyone happen to have a model of a radar like on all those anti ship/anti submarine planes/ helicopter? Like this:73691.jpg.de376d1f2f48656ad8a6a80e9c672655.jpgshachaf_c.jpg.657b6fe26b1e5e371d6bde5c2a3a64df.jpg