I'm about to throw my Asus 703gle out the window. I don't know what happened but after I installed the newest update all my SF2 games cause the dreaded blue screen "your pc has run into a problem and needs to restart." I've tried all the fixes and nothing works. 

I've been looking at the Acer Nitro 5 as a replacement. Just wondering do any of you experts think this would be a good replacement?

Thank you all

What exactly has been upgraded?

Do you need to upgrade your graphics drivers also?

Any other updated drivers for it you may need to apply? (chipset for example)

Anyway to roll back?

Does the game run without any mods?

Posted (edited)

I updated to the windows upgrade on March 7. Also upgraded to the in vidia driver on March 5th. Ever since then nothing has worked. I reverted to the Invidia driver from 2/22.  I also deleted the driver from 3/7 windows driver. Tried all the fixes from YouTube. I can play the wwii games from capun(I know lol). Can't play any games from combatace though including menrva's ODS or SF2I games though.

Edited by warthog64

Posted (edited)

If you decide for a replacement I´d suggest to take a look at the Acer Predator Triton. I´m also thinking about a replacement and this is my choice for now...

Edited by pizolato

to answer your original question, i think your first pick should do fine after a brief glance online

i run win11, 32GB RAM on my laptop and desktop. Desktop has RTX3060, laptop 1660ti. no game specific problems, although desktip is semi wonky since upgrading to win11 but the laptop was win11 out of box. heavily modded installs no issues

i know it would be nice to fix the older system, but if you can afford it and want a new system then go for it

Thanks everyone. I'll have to buy a new computer when I can afford it.

I'm going to weigh in... If you're looking for a new laptop, I'd go with the Alienware M18. It's a little pricey, but can be configured with the latest processors & graphics cards, will handle pretty much anything you throw at it, and is WIN11 out of the box. But again, it's a little pricey.