Hey y'all!

Pleasure to meet you - I was wondering if training missions were something I could mod or add into the game? Recently, I've been trying to create a semirealistic training environment using the Southwest US Terrain (mocking the U.S. Navy's Replacement Air Groups), and it would be awesome if I had the ability to select a "Training" mission type which would allow me to perform items (e.g. carrier qualifications) without having to complete a separate objective first.

Any help would be amazing - let me know what you think!

That doesn't exist in the game at all. You can mess with The Range/Red Range and practice weapon delivery, but most of all you have to develop a map to simulate that (I think the Nellis map does it, but if I remember correctly it's A2G) ability in order for it to work, and making a "campaign" might work, but you never know with SF2.

i remember there being carrier landing missions, but I can't remember if they were stock or user made!!

I think YAP had some too back in the day, but I'm really not sure actually.

Set up a recon mission where the target is close to the carrier.

Take off, get a mission success when you fly through the target waypoint, and then you can practice your carrier landing.

13 hours ago, Wrench said:

i remember there being carrier landing missions, but I can't remember if they were stock or user made!!

I believe those came with WOV/SF2V.

• Like 1

What I do is make an Air Defense Suppression mission, disable the enemy SAM/AAA and setup a carrier flight. That's how I fly my carrier missions. Besides doing that allows you to fly around the terrain unhampered and no threats. You have to make the aircraft able to perform that mission though (SEAD in the _Data.ini), so there's that. And you can fly as much as possible, but realize once you trap, that's it. You have to start the mission over to land again. There is no key to reset you on the catapult (like DCS I believe if I remember correctly).

Viggen: yup, you'r right. Found them in the missiondata002 cat. So they'll def be in a full merged install. Selectable from the "Load Mission" screen