Sign in to follow this  
Slo-Mo

+ 32 button support?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Is it possible to make WOFF (v 1.38) support over 32 buttons, like 64 or 128? I have a VKB Gunfighter Mk IV Pro joystick (Modern Combat Edition) and a VKB STECS Throttle, so got lots of axis and buttons :-)

Love the game, keep up the good work!

Cheers

Edited by Slo-Mo

Posted (edited)

Hi Slo-Mo,  the engine itself supports only 32. Possibly something we could do in the future, not sure. 

Glad you and the guys and gals above are enjoying too.

You could try using Joystick buttons/key mapping tools such as JoytoKey?
Official site; 
https://joytokey.net/en/

Edited by Polovski

Thanks Polovski for the answer and the recommendation of JoytoKey, i'll check it out :smile:

Cheers

It seems pretty good but there are other similar tools out there too, some paid some freeware.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I totally get that you want to use all your buttons on your VKB but being a WW1 sim you really do not need that many buttons in WOFF. I have an X56 stick along with a warthog throttle and I also have an X52 pro and CH pedals but there simply is not enough important controls in the WW1 sim to need a bunch of assignments to fill up your hotas. Not only that but when I use my full on Hotas I have developed muscle memory to the assignments I have on them in other sims like DCS, Falcon BMS, etc and I would not want to have to relearn a new setup for them. I simply map the important buttons to my hotas which is not more than about 16 functions in WOFF. There is just no need to fill up every button and toggle on the hotas. WW1 planes were very basic machines with minimal controls, you do not have toe brakes, flaps, radar functions, antenna direction, spoilers, MFD buttons,etc which can fill up fast on a Hotas.

Edited by WitchyWoman

That's a good point WW.  I use about 8 buttons and usually end up pressing the key on the keyboard instead anyway :)

Main ones are throttle, mixture, blip, gun.  Maybe some for bomb / loadout selection and firing of the ordinance.  I guess you could add the Z key F6 readout etc, things like that.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I am with you guys totally on the number of buttons actually needed wich is not that many as you say. The thing is that I use the same buttons in all flight sims that I play, ex DCS, IL-2 GB etc so it has to do with my muscle memory. But the tip from Polovski about Joytokey solved that happy to say :smile:

Cheers

Edited by Slo-Mo
  • Like 1