Hi Everyone,

Just wandering over from the WOFF boards. I'm getting into more modern jet sims - I've had Falcon since 98 and I've dabbled with DCS (but don't have the time or HD space to full commit right now). I played SF2 Israel back in 2009 and have long since lost my backup. I was wondering how, in 2024, I could get back into the series. What would you recommend - is ThirdWire still technically functioning? Are there any inclusive mods to download to bring the series up to date, so to speak. Would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide.

PS: The idea was sparked when visiting the Museum of Flight in Seattle and, when jumping into their full 360 motion sim rig, noticed they were running Strike Fighters. :)

• Like 1

The Thirdwire store to my knowledge works, but I would recommend getting SF2 Complete for 100 bucks (99.99), as it has everything you need to get started and whatnot. They do offer the other games, and they're patched to the "latest" patch, July 2013, so you're "up to date" with the game and such.

• Like 3

Agreed. The advantage of having a "complete install" is you don't need to worry about prerequisite requirements for the various mods that are available.

• Like 2

While all the campaigns are pretty darned good, and bring a variety of immersion, if I am to suggest any of them, go with the latest Desert Storm 30th Anniversary Mod & The Scandinavian Front for starters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 5:06 PM, Nightshade/PR said:

While all the campaigns are pretty darned good, and bring a variety of immersion, if I am to suggest any of them, go with the latest Desert Storm 30th Anniversary Mod & The Scandinavian Front for starters.

ODS is amazing, for modern 4th gen aircraft if that's what you're into.

Agree with Eric that you really have to get the full merged install to make everything work as it should though. As a 'nam guy I'd been only playing the Vietnam campaigns for ages, started the Dhimar/Paran campaigns and they're a lot of fun!

• Like 2

Thanks for the recommendation, gents! I appreciate the advice. Looks like the full merged version is the way to go. Looking forward to it!

Cheers!

• Like 3