Sign in to follow this  
bobrock

CVS Giuseppe Garibaldi

CVS Giuseppe Garibaldi

C551 Giuseppe Garibaldi

Giuseppe Garibaldi C551 is the current flagship of the Marina Militare Italiana, the Italian Navy.

Built by Fincantieri at the Monfalcone shipyards near Gorizia, laid down in March 1981, launched in 1983 and commissioned on September 30, 1985. Garibaldi is classed as a CVS–ASW (Aircraft Carrier - Anti-Submarine Warfare) and is based in Taranto.

Defences are provided by two eight-cell SAM launchers firing the SARH Aspide missile and by three Oto Melara Twin 40L70 DARDO CIWS.

Her air-wing consists of either a maximum sixteen AV-8B Harrier II Plus, or eighteen Agusta helicopters or a mix of helicopters and fighters. The flight-deck is a characteristic off-axis design with 4 degrees ski-jump for STOL aircraft, it is 174 m long and 30,4 m wide.

Detailed instructions in the Readme file

Good hunting!

center>File Name: CVS Giuseppe Garibaldi

File Submitter: bobrock

File Submitted: 1 Feb 2008

File Category: Add-On Ships

C551 Giuseppe Garibaldi

Giuseppe Garibaldi C551 is the current flagship of the Marina Militare Italiana, the Italian Navy.

Built by Fincantieri at the Monfalcone shipyards near Gorizia, laid down in March 1981, launched in 1983 and commissioned on September 30, 1985. Garibaldi is classed as a CVS–ASW (Aircraft Carrier - Anti-Submarine Warfare) and is based in Taranto.

Defences are provided by two eight-cell SAM launchers firing the SARH Aspide missile and by three Oto Melara Twin 40L70 DARDO CIWS.

Her air-wing consists of either a maximum sixteen AV-8B Harrier II Plus, or eighteen Agusta helicopters or a mix of helicopters and fighters. The flight-deck is a characteristic off-axis design with 4 degrees ski-jump for STOL aircraft, it is 174 m long and 30,4 m wide.

Detailed instructions in the Readme file

Good hunting!

Click here to download this file

excellent stuff,thank you.

This is very nice and its has a cool name too.

O heroi de 2 mundos!

The Hero of two Worlds!

nice model, and until today the Brazilian people still gratefull with Guiusepe Garibaldi & Anita Garibaldi

Hey Bobrock, sorry to ask, but any chance you make one "Principe das Astúrias"?

Principe-de-Asturias_Wasp_Forrestal_Invincible_1991_DN-ST-92-01129s.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

I love the little European ski jump carriers! I'll have fun flying off this.

Thank you all, I'm glad you're enjoying her :smile:

Crusader: It's a ship, not a boat :wink:

Silverbolt: I have a couple of other ongoing projects, so the answer is maybe, but not soon.

a great work Beppe!!!I've just posted the harriers!

Crusader: It's a ship, not a boat :wink:

Oh you Navy guys. :biggrin: