What's the very latest version of the SH? They should be folded when parked.

FC

Okay, I downloaded that version and threw it right into an install. Mine are showing up with wings folded when parked.

FC

Downloaded and installed. Got parents evening tonight at my daughter's high school tonight after work but will try to get some sim time after that. Will report back. Thanks for the assist guys.

No joy. Even with the new download the Superhornets are not folding wings when parked on deck:

img00003-1.jpg

img00004-1.jpg

img00001-1.jpg

Pictured are E's & F's, the same thing happens with the Growler.

The funny thing is I can manually fold my own wings so the animation works.

img00005-1.jpg

img00008-1.jpg

I'm running a fully merged install patched to July 2012.

On land the parked aircraft have folded wings

img00010-1.jpg

img00009-1.jpg

img00011-1.jpg

I tried checking myself (hell even flew a mission....) but it cycled Legacies, allen beat me to the punch.

I had to set the mission date as something like 2021 to make sure I only got Superhornets parked (I've got quite a few planes in this particular install!)

lol gotcha :smile:

WIP for a request:

post-5735-0-54639400-1358809185_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ

Just got this from Brain32:

Changes:

- new shape lower right panel with other adequate elements

- "killed" the clock on the lower panel

- removed backup RWR completely

- all DDI's are now color screens

- center screen has two modes, NAV which is basically the same as the early version and EW using simplified DDI function for which I'm sure newer versions can, screen is monochrome btw.

Note that this is the later cockpit so as far as managing it goes... I'll have to develop a particular structure for those who want to use the older version or newer version, but an epiphany hit me:

Remove the cockpit folders from each flyable aircraft and have separate folders for each. It should be known that (and if I'm not mistaken) the final G cockpit will be the late version so that will automatically have the later cockpit installed while the older one will be an option for the E/F.

post-5735-0-36274500-1360794436_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

To further clarify thing(as I've read A LOT on the subject lol)...

The first pit I made was for Lot's up to Lot25 which is initial SuperHornet or as we in SF world call those babies - early :D

However already around 2003 people at Boeing spiced it up and made BlockII SuperHornets with AESA radar, and tons of new electronics, systems and gadgets those Hornets are Lot26 and up and this new pit will feature those SuperHornets. I suspect their IOC was early 2004 although I have no real data

EA-18G will also get the new cockpit as their IOC was late 2009 :wink:

Hello guys,

Wonderful! Plenty of details... I like very much!!!

Coupi.

From Brain32:

- the archive has no avionics associated with it, since we all have some custom stuff this is I think better to avoid confusion

- note that the RWR statement is: "F-18E_UFCD_RWR.bmp" as this is now the only RWR texture!!!

- I also made a radar texture with white lines/text, I can make a higher res version if needed/requested

That's pretty much it so just test it ou first as after 6 versions my Hornet work folder and max files are a living mess lol...

Oh and EW page on UFCD is activated as soon as you enter either AA or AG mode...

And give me some time to figure out what to do with the cockpits. I'll still add them to the pack but also want to upload separately as well so people shouldn't have to download the whole pack as well. Thoughts?

And no, the wingfold issue isn't resolved, and I honestly not sure if it will on carriers...

Edited by EricJ

With some massive help from dtmdragon , and some help from FC and Brain32 the Super Hornet pack is going to consist of this:

F/A-18E Block I (without ECS stacks)

F/A-18E Block II

F/A-18F Block I (without ECS stacks)

F/A-18F Block II

F/A-18F RAAF

EA-18G (with a modded texture for the proposed RAAF modifications)

post-5735-0-65239500-1361288918_thumb.jpg

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2

Managed to flesh out a tutorial for skinning in Strike Fighters 2 off the top of my head, but could use some more input as to what to add or remove...

Creating a Skin Tutorial.pdf

• Like 2

Nice write up. I'd personally spend more time explaining photoshop and layers. Maybe a basic list of layers you most likely need, and in what order they should be. I could write something up if you want to?

I can get it thanks :smile:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/us-navy-may-add-conformal-fuel-tanks-to-fa-18ef-super-hornet-fleet-383701/

After reading this article and doing some testing... at least with my EPE versions, the additional fuel (no idea on drag factor so it wasn't included) performance seemed to be the same. If the Navy buys into it (which probably in the future at least) may be a future modification.

Been messing with Wrench's templates for the Prowler and working on a VAQ-133 "Jammin Jihad" aircraft. It's painstaking as the mapping is well, a PITA and the temps are helping but...

post-5735-0-74012300-1369880061_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-94050600-1369880087_thumb.jpg

More work, one a Centennial of Naval Aviation scheme and will be "as is" due to the mapping, but the Jammin Jihad bird is coming fine....

post-5735-0-32162900-1370052445_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-00177000-1370052473_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-07195600-1370052523_thumb.jpg

post-5735-0-36081100-1370052561_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dredging up an old topic...

Implemented a g-limiter to keep people from breaking my Super Hornets all the time with a flat limit of 9.0 Gs, with thanks to Fubar512 for helping me implement it.

Resurrecting an old topic, and thanks to Dave for permission:

http://combatace.com/topic/86169-super-hornet-for-dcs/

I know DCS is a bit harder (not enough documentation) but overall what I need is a good modeler to get things started.  As far as notes and other info:

http://forums.eagle.ru/

Edited by EricJ