Sign in to follow this  
The Trooper

Soviet/Russian Pilots Pack - part 1 (60's - 80's)

-------------------------------------------------

These are re-skins of the stock pilot model, representing Soviet/Russian pilots in a typical flightgear from the 60's till the 80's.

Pilot descriptions:

Red3201 - Red3211

These pilots are wearing ZSh-3 helmet and KM-32 oxygen mask. Developed in the early 1960's, this is probably the most widely used flight helmet in the world. Many of these are in use even today.

Aircraft to use on:

Virtually every type of Soviet-made aircraft. Best to use on: late MiG-17 ahd 19, MiG-21, early MiG-23, Mi-24, Su-7, early Su-17 etc.

---

Red5201 - Red5211

These pilots are wearing ZSh-5 helmet and KM-34 oxygen mask. The ZSh-5 helmet was standard Soviet issue for its pilots in the 1970's. These helmets could be found throughout the entire eastern bloc and huge numbers have been manufactured until the late 80's.

Aircraft to use on:

late MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-27, early MiG-29, Mi-24, Su-17, Su-24, early Su-27, etc.

---

Red7001 - Red7111

These pilots are wearing current standard Russian helmet - ZSh-7 and the older KM-34 series I oxygen mask. This setup was typical from the late 80's and quite often seen today.

Aircraft to use on:

late MiG-23, MiG-29, MiG-27, MiG-31, Mi-24, late Su-17, Su-24, Su-27 etc.

Instalation:

1. Extract to temporary location.

2. Copy the following files (where "XXXX" represents the desired pilot number) into your "Objects\Aircraft\" folder.

RedXXXX.ini

RedXXXX.lod

RedXXXX_lod002.lod

3. Open the *_data.ini file for your aircraft of choice and search for a section like this:

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

Change the line

PilotModelName=...

to

PilotModelName=RedXXXX

If the it does not have the line above, just add it.

Save!

4. Start the game and enjoy your new pilots!

Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26131

In short:

Feel free to redistribute it, mod it, include it in your mods, and do with it whatever you want, as long as it is not included in any payware!

The Trooper

08 Feb 2009

these are the best ever seen for this sim!!!! :good:

Thank the Mod Gods!!!

Something to replace that pathetic "RedAir1" of mine!!!

Super job!! :good:

Wrench

kevin stein

Agree 100% with wrench great mods :clapping: . Just make all the new Russian jets look that much better

You know what they say. An aircraft is nothing withought a good pilot :ok:

Outstanding work !!!

But what would be the part 2 ?

Outstanding work !!!

But what would be the part 2 ?

New suits and oxy mask Km-34 series II and Km-36,latest russian flight gear is much closer to western standard,Km-36 on first look seems an MBU-20,and for example the new G-suit trousers-not the high altitude vkk compensation suits-are wore over the flight suit and not under like previous setup,they have another flight helmet too Zsh-90 or zsh-9 that is similar to the latest gueneau helmet-rafale or latest M2000 pilots-

Thanks Trooper I think I speak for most of us when I say that these are superb,I love Red 3211 this whole kit was also worn by the Vietnamese Peoples Air Force during the Vietnam conflict so I have allready changed all of my enemy pilots over to this one.Mmm part2,I know what is missing a really good Mig 17/Mig 17F Vietnamse pilot in their leather flying helmets I think most people who want to replicate this style of pilot have been using an old WWII pilot skin but it could do with a renew,especially in the hi-res as you have given us.In fact your Red 3211 skin with those leather jackets would be perfect apart from the ZS3 helmets.

Anyway only a thought,again this is fantastic stuff,allready looking forward to the part 2.Thanks again very much,brilliant. :bowdown2:

X RAY, the Soviets have been producing PPK suits (G-suit trousers, much like the western ones) since the late 60's, but I have no idea why they preffered the high altitude VKK suits. The PPK suits were more common (and liked) in the rest of the Eastern bloc.

Part 2 - modern Russian pilots - 90's until today, including Su-33 pilots in orange water resistant VMSK suits. No ZSh-9/90 helmets though.

Part 3 - some early Soviet pilots wearing leather helmets. I'll probably use the stock pilot model, because the WWII pilot isn't very skin friendly.

VPAF pilots pack - Vietnam war era and modern VPAF pilots. I have to guess the colour of the flightsuits used during the Vietnam war, due to a lack of colour reference photos.

X RAY, the Soviets have been producing PPK suits (G-suit trousers, much like the western ones) since the late 60's, but I have no idea why they preffered the high altitude VKK suits. The PPK suits were more common (and liked) in the rest of the Eastern bloc.

Part 2 - modern Russian pilots - 90's until today, including Su-33 pilots in orange water resistant VMSK suits. No ZSh-9/90 helmets though.

Part 3 - some early Soviet pilots wearing leather helmets. I'll probably use the stock pilot model, because the WWII pilot isn't very skin friendly.

VPAF pilots pack - Vietnam war era and modern VPAF pilots. I have to guess the colour of the flightsuits used during the Vietnam war, due to a lack of colour reference photos.

Once again great work guys. I spent an hour last night switching the pilots in all my russian aircraft. Look forward to doign it again when the new pilot packs come out.

Do you guys think you would do a modern western pilot pack in teh future (british/french etc...)?

Do you guys think you would do a modern western pilot pack in teh future (british/french etc...)?

Sure, if there is enough interest.

Trooper,Vietnamese Mig17/17F pilots wore black leather jackets as per your Red3211,over,white t-shirts,olive green textile flight suits,green nylon PPK-1 anti-g trousers and wore the leather SL-60 helmets.The Mig 21 pilots wore their ZS-3 white helmets as per your Red3211 over their leather SL-60 helmets.Hope this helps,if you need further references shoot me a pm with you're email address on it and I'll post you some pics,I have a large resource of old books and will be more than happy to help.

And I'm sure you can see from my reply that I'm interested,hot stuff Trooper,see what you've stired up now!!!